X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help troubleshoot/fix Yamaha RX-V565 Amp

Does antone know anything about Amps?

I have a Yamaha RX-V565 AV receiver.

For some reason it has stopped outputiing sound through the front centre channel, it's only about 15/16mths old and annoyingly out of warranty. I first noticed it watching SKY HD

I have swapped the actual speaker out into a different position, where it works OK (eliminating that) and have replaced the speaker cable, both to no avail. Every time I do the "Test Tone" the LCD flashes when the front centre should be in play, but produces no sound.

Firmware seems to be OK, using version 032. I have not tried a factory reset as I have found insufficient info on how to do one. I'll be performing an auto-set up with the provided mic shortly.

I have a horrible feeling it's a hardware issue that's going to cost.

Any thoughts?

I know you've swapped the centre into another position, but have you swapped another speaker into the centre position?

It does sound like a hardware issue though - the factory reset is worth a go of course, just to make sure.

Comment

Yes, should have been clearer, swapped the speakers straight over, still nothing from the centre.

Might be factory reset time. Any ideas on how to accompish it?

Comment

I don't I'm afraid - I'd email Yamaha about it though as 15 months is not good enough; it'd be worth finding out if they'd fix it.

Comment

Thats what SWIMBO said, if the factory reset fails to sort it then repair it is...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveStuart View Post
            Any thoughts?
            Yup, read up on this: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...t/your-rights/
            before returning the Amp to whoever you bought it from (assuming this is an option). I had a 2/12 year old 360 RROD on me a few weeks ago so took it back to my local Sainsburys (not even the branch I bought it from) where at first the Lady on Customer services refused to change it citing their policy of products having a 12 month warranty. I explained (politely) my rights to her but she wasn't having any of it so I asked to see the store manager, he was fully familiar with the law and swapped it for a 250GB slim (the current equivalent). Bingo Bongo !!

Comment

Working...
            X