Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Question. Help needed its for tomorrow :O

Evening fellow forumites.

I chose to do my critical research for media on the following title. You could do whatever you wanted but i thought of the below title.

Video Games and Violence: Does One Lead to The Other?

Anyway it was reported a while back that one/ a few boys had killed some people while in their car because they did the same on GTA Vice City. I was wondering if anyone has a link to this news because it would help massively with justifying that there is a link between gaming and violence. Its not my personal opinion but thats the argument which seems the easiest. I have written about the 1999 Doom killings but other than that the GTA VC killings are the only others that spring to mind.

Anybody have any more to add?

You might want to investigate the various legal actions taken in America regarding the banning of video games etc. I know that various law suits have been unsuccessful, and I seem to remember a candidate for Governor of some state (may have been California) was planning on getting rid of games.

These law suits show the narrowmindness of the oblivious public if nothing else, and also is a important part of the current hysteria regarding games and their influence on dumb kids.

Comment

A search over at /. reveals they ran the following stories, which are covered in news links:

Game Violence Lawsuit Hits Take Two, Sony, Wal-Mart

Kids Kill, Victim Sues Game Maker

Comment

Working...
      X