Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Free Video convertor

Hey guys,

Looking for some recommendations a free video convertor as I've got some DVD's I want to rip to .avi files to take on my hols with me & watch on the plane.

So what's good??

Ta muchly

Neil

I've never used it, but HandBrake has been recommended on here before, I think : http://handbrake.fr/details.php . I noticed on their site they mention only converting NON-copy protected dvds, so you'll need the free dvd decrypter app to rip your discs first before converting. Otherwise, try ImgBurn for ripping or even both depending on the disc. They're all free apps.

Comment

Yeah, handbrake is sick. Going on holiday myself, going with a PSP loaded up with PS1 games. Tekken 3, Breath of Fire IV and Einhander so far.

Comment

The latest handbrake only does mp4 outputs. If you want options for avi and stuff, grab the older version off filehippo. I run both depending on what I need. The latest version is more stable.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys will get working on these over the weekend.

Neil

Comment

Oh. Just realised - you'll need slysoft anydvd if you want to use handbrake (slysoft is worth stumping up for).

For dvds I rip the dvds to the HDD first and then load them into the handbrake queue thus saving having to sit there swapping disks during the encode process.

Comment

Yup - another vote for handbrake.

Comment

Handbrake for easy acceptable encoding.

Advanced users you might want to check out MeGui, by far the best free encoder around, but has a pretty steep learning curve.

Comment

Working...
                X