Updating Samsung tv firmware-problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Samsung tv firmware-problems

I'm trying to update the firmware for the tv, which I've hardly used, and I'm certain I've got the correct firmware (may have to check again). However, I follow the instructions given with the file, install it to a USB stick- the tv picks up the USB stick, asks if I want to update, scans it and tells me 'no software update found', or something very similar.

It's the same story if I choose the update option from the settings menu.

I've left it in the folder on the USB stick, removed all the files from the folder and placed them on the root of the memory stick, tried different USB sticks, everything- and I get the same damn error message.

I did search the Samsung site and got the firmware for my model- the C580, but I may have to see what else they have or whether I made a mistake.

Can anyone suggest a solution, or has anyone else encountered this problem?

You do open the exe-file on your computer and choose the USB as the extraction folder? The USB has to be clean to for it to work.

Otherwise I would suggest trying a firmware model from a different region (US maybe), as you may have a imported model.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, but I'm extracting to the USB stick and the tv is definitely a UK model. Also got the update from Samsung UK site.

Comment

I get this all the time. I think the only way I usually solve it is to update via the TV's own menu (web download), but I'm not sure if the C580 has web connectivity...

Comment

Hi,

You've got to have the right firmware for your video processor (there's a 1002 and a 1006 firmware). the c580 is web enabled so, like lyris said that's the easiest way to go..

Comment

Also make sure your stick is formatted for fat32

Comment

Is Fat 32 standard for AV updates?

Comment

Lots of things (PS3, XBOX MAC?) won't even see NTFS formatted devices.

So I'd safely say that FAT32 was the standard for AV updates.

Comment

OK thanks, I don't have the wireless adapter so I'd have to get a long network cable...

The TV usually picks up the USB sticks and reads files off them.

Comment

Wait, the Xbox 360 can't see NTFS devices? Really?

Comment

Nope, who knows why!

Perhaps so nobody can get 360 images running off an external device? What with fat32's 4gig limit or maybe they just couldn't be bothered.

Seems like a very odd decision

Comment

You could understand other devices not using NTFS due to license fees, but yeah, rather strange a Microsoft product does not...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The c580 does see ntfs devices, as I've got one attached for films etc. It also has the options hidden in the service menu to enable pvr functions - which requires fat32. Unfortunately it doesn't actually do video recording.

Avforums has all the info you'll need to sort your update issues mate, just need to dig it out.

Comment

Will check it out thanks, but one last question:

I actually connected to the net with the telly and got this : No Software Update available.

Really confused now, I'm on the Nov 2010 firmware revision, I think. Did a network test with the TV, everything was OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              You could understand other devices not using NTFS due to license fees, but yeah, rather strange a Microsoft product does not...
                              I know. Wierder that it will read 4Gb+ files from a HPFS+ formatted drive.

Back on topic. I found more up to date firmware for my Samsung TV on the German site.

Comment

Working...
                              X