Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good place to buy 2 1tb external hard drive's for my new Mac

Hi

Am looking for a good place to buy 2 1tb external hard drive's for my new Mac i was like a good one but not one that leaves me poor after buying them. Any good site you guys have or walk in stores that have them for a good price

Thanks

Hush

hotukdeals almost always seems to have 1tb external drives as being on offer somewhere so check that out first.

Otherwise Ebuyer, dabs and scan are the places to look.

Comment

Ebuyer have never let me down.

Comment

I only use Scan now. Linking my AVForums account for free postage and subscribing to their Facebook page for their daily deals is one of the best things I've done.

Comment

yeah i'm looking on scan they look pretty good

Comment

Ebuyer have now let me down for the first time. How did they let me down? By assigning a delivery to ParcelForce.

I was not warned that Parcel Force would be handling delivery at the checkout. If I had been, I'd have bought from somewhere else or changed the delivery method.

My new motherboard was supposed to be arriving today, ready to have my returned CPU and RAM dropped into it, so I can get a showreel DVD ready for a job opportunity tomorrow. That isn't happening now, because on phoning ParcelForce, it turns out they've made a oopsie and the incompetent little darlings will be delivering the new board tomorrow. Of course, I'll be out. Great.

At least I can get the shipping fee back.

Comment

My friend has had a 50% failure rate from eBuyer. Has put me off buying from them personally.

Comment

Scan have also let me down. The items that were supposed to be returned to me for this build have been sitting in their warehouse, because payment information was declined.

Did they think to phone me or email to tell me this? No. I had to phone them to be surprised by this news.

So, nothing arrived for me today; it's not really eBuyer's fault since they shipped the item on time ,it was their choice of delivery company that messed things up. Scan didn't even bother to tell me my stuff was still sitting there. Imagine if I didn't work from home and had taken the day off?

Sorry, I'm bringing courier angst into this thread...
                Last edited by Lyris; 07-09-2011, 17:06.

Comment

I use Novatech fairly frequently. They've never let me down, similar prices to Ebuyer and Scan most of the time.

And they have a few retail outlets scattered around south England if you're down this way.

Comment

Scan have screwed me again. The items, which were meant to be returned on Wednesday, are still sitting in their warehouse. Again, I had to call for this info.

It's now at the stage where I'm going to have to buy a new CPU and new RAM so that I don't get behind with work. Thanks, Scan. Great savings!

I understand that their first port of call is going to be new orders, but I resent being misinformed, kept in the dark, and taking time to sit around while nothing arrives.

If the OP or mods would like me to take my shipping rage to another thread, please just ask. I know we're slightly OT.

Comment

Working...
                    X