Mastersystem mk 1 scart / av

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mastersystem mk 1 scart / av

Hi i recently picked up a master system 1 console for the first time in my collection
    , I have one of the official megadrive rgb scart cables i tried this on the master system and the only colour appears is the green shade. Does the master system mk 1 support rgb ?
    Could it be that my rgb lead is faulty , or do i need a different cable

thanks

I'm pretty sure MS mk 1 supports RGB. My guess would be that either the cable you have is wired up differently than the MS or that some wires have come loose inside the console/cable.

Someone who has this combination of console and cable should be able to provide a concrete answer.

Comment

It should work, they both have the same pinout for the AV socket. I take it the cable is confirmed working with a different console?

Comment

The cable is now all green even on my megadrive anyone here good at fixing these?,its a shame as the official cables are quite uncommon

Comment

Looks like you have a knackered cable.
          It's very easy to solder your own anyway, here are the pinouts...

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
            The cable is now all green even on my megadrive anyone here good at fixing these?,its a shame as the official cables are quite uncommon
            Never seen an official one, is it possible to open up the scart plug and see if anything is out of the ordinary? I take it the other end of the cable isn't a connector that you can open up.

Comment

BTW, if it's only green that's showing that means both the red and blue lines have come loose. It gets complicated diagnosing these things when only one line is down because you have to work back to front!

Comment

Working...
              X