Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Help

Hi,

I've been recording some in game video using FRAPS and want to upload to youtube.
    The original was recorded at a resolution of 720 and 60fps. However when uploaded it changes to 320 and 30fps which looks awful in comparison.

How can I keep the original settings of the video?

Not sure about the frame rate (or even the bitrate), but are you sure that videos are permanently downsampled and not your Youtube settings to show the lowest resolution available? I've upload a 720p video only once and I can chose its original resolution by clicking on the "360p" in the lower right corner.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean?
      I uploaded a video and when I went to watch it there was no option to up the resolution. There doesn't seem to be an option for HD uploading.

Comment

In the lower right corner of Youtube's player there should be a caption showing the current resolution; if your video is now 320x200 (or 320x240) it should show 240p. Click on it and a small window will appear with all available resolutions.
        I've made only one attempt to upload a 720p video and Youtube doesn't play its native resolution by defeault, I have to click on 360p (in my case) and manually chose 720p. This is because I specified to avoid hi-res video unless I chose to in my Youtube settings.

Comment

After a lot of checking and reading on the net. It seems that YouTube limits videos to be no more than 30fps. I managed to get HD videos up but the frame rates always get cut in half. Not that it's terrible, but it just looks shoddy compared to the original video capture.

Comment

Working...
          X