Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Colour Banding

Hi guys,

I Just got a pre-owned PS3 from HMV yesterday and am having problems with the display. Everything was working fine to start with, looking nice and crisp with no problems at all, but a couple of hours in to playing Uncharted 2 the colours starting going a bit strange so I quit to the PS3 menu, where it looked even worse. Some photos here...

I'm using an HDMI cable which works perfectly fine with my 360, so I'm assuming it's some sort f problem with the ps3. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or if there is a fix for it? I've fiddled around with all the different display settings in both the ps3 and on my tv. What I really don't understand is why it started out ok and has deteriorated so badly, having made no changes to the settings...

Any help or advice would be very appreciated, even if it's just to take it back to the shop for a replacement...

Cheers,
    Graeme

OK, first off turn both the TV and PS3 off at the wall.

Turn them both on again

With the PS3 in standby hold down the power button for about 5 seconds (or until it beeps)

see if that helps

Comment

I gave that a go but it didn't seem to work, however I decided to reformat it before I took it back to HMV and that seems to have sorted the problem for some reason. I guess it was maybe something to do with a system or game update (I had downloaded the Uncharted 2 updates before it happened, and had also started, but not finished because it was taking ages, downloading a system update) I'll keep on testing out whether any updates seem to cause this tomorrow... Thanks for the suggestion though man

Comment

Still working fine now, and I think it was probably the uncharted update that caused it as the system update is still the latest version, maybe some glitch caused by my not downloading the full update or something...

Comment

Working...
        X