Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surround Sound Speaker Stands

Hi y'all.

My friend has kindly given me his old surround sound system because the DVD part of it stopped working.

It works a treat using the optical out from the telly, but I could do with a pair of stands to raise the back speakers off the floor as I'm losing the impact of having them by them sitting on the floor.

I've had a quick look into this and stands seem to be upwards of ?50.

Is that right for what is essentially a couple of poles on a base?!

Does anybody have any links to cheaper suggestions?

Here's the type of attachment that they have. Ignore the amplifier in the background, it's one of those mini amps, not a giant stack! If it was, the surround sound speaker would be ginormous!

The majority of surround sound speakers have this kind on screw in, in the base which make them universal. ?50 is about right for the stands. You can look around for cheaper. TBA i don't use em. I recommend having the speakers away from the side of your sofa and raised off the floor by a small table or somesuch just to reduse the muffle of the sofa and the carpet.

Comment

When you think about it, the stands have to be able to remain upright with a fairly heavy thing hanging off the side of them quite high up, whilst being height adjustable and look good at the same time. ?50 is about right.

Comment

Actually bought 2 pairs today - ?50 for one lot and ?60 for the other, both from Richer Sounds and pretty decent.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Seems like the ?50 mark is about right, then.

I'll see what the sales bring!

Comment

Working...
          X