Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin Emulator - Wiimote goes crazy every ten mins or so!? But Motion + works :-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin Emulator - Wiimote goes crazy every ten mins or so!? But Motion + works :-S

Bit of a weird one this. I have been running Dolphin perfectly for ages when all of a sudden this has happened. I did try on the official Dolphin forums, but no luck

In-game (and it doesn't matter what game) the wiimote (with or without nunchuck) will work fine for ten or so minutes then go nuts. For example in Metroid Other M you can be running along fine then Samus will shoot off to the left and charge her missile and jump of her own accord.

I have not changed a single setting since the last time I played anything and have different Dolphin revisions for each game, but for some reason it is doing the same in every title!

I have re-synced the wiimote (I'm using the official Nintendo one), restarted the pc, rebooted the wiimote etc. etc. and it keeps happening. Incidently it seems to work fine on the Wii (from the short test I gave it).

I am using on-board bluetooth but it has never been an issue - anyone have any ideas? I have updated the bluetooth driver and still no luck, it was literally working one day, then going weird the next.

The revs I use are mainly 3.0 and 3.0-179, but as I say these revs worked perfectly about a month ago.

The one difference is that I have moved my PC into a different room, but have checked all wireless/bluetooth sources and there are no issues - oddly. I've even turned off phones, laptops, routers etc. one by one and still no joy.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Strangely, with the Motion + on Skyward Sword it works absolutely perfectly - so wonder why is it going crazy in other games all of a sudden?

3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Only thing I can think of which you've probably been told about, is the 'Skip EFB Access from CPU' setting in the graphics configuration. I've heard that can cock it up. Otherwise, no idea

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
      Bit of a weird one this. I have been running Dolphin perfectly for ages when all of a sudden this has happened. I did try on the official Dolphin forums, but no luck

In-game (and it doesn't matter what game) the wiimote (with or without nunchuck) will work fine for ten or so minutes then go nuts. For example in Metroid Other M you can be running along fine then Samus will shoot off to the left and charge her missile and jump of her own accord.

I have not changed a single setting since the last time I played anything and have different Dolphin revisions for each game, but for some reason it is doing the same in every title!

I have re-synced the wiimote (I'm using the official Nintendo one), restarted the pc, rebooted the wiimote etc. etc. and it keeps happening. Incidently it seems to work fine on the Wii (from the short test I gave it).

I am using on-board bluetooth but it has never been an issue - anyone have any ideas? I have updated the bluetooth driver and still no luck, it was literally working one day, then going weird the next.

The revs I use are mainly 3.0 and 3.0-179, but as I say these revs worked perfectly about a month ago.

The one difference is that I have moved my PC into a different room, but have checked all wireless/bluetooth sources and there are no issues - oddly. I've even turned off phones, laptops, routers etc. one by one and still no joy.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Strangely, with the Motion + on Skyward Sword it works absolutely perfectly - so wonder why is it going crazy in other games all of a sudden?

Did you try with the motionplus disconnected?

Comment

Working...
      X