Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's my Apple Mac Pro worth and where to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's my Apple Mac Pro worth and where to sell?

I'm looking at selling my Mac Pro 2009 Octo Core 2.26ghz and wonder what sort of price it's worth and where the best to sell would be?

The spec is as follows:

2009 model octo core 2.26ghz
    16gb ram
    640gb HDD
    512mb Ati HD4870

I was looking at ebay but i'm wary of selling it there, especially considering the costs.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by nigel1210; 18-12-2011, 23:35.

avforums is a good site for selling but they do like to haggle and if your a new member/seller then you may get asked to send first before payment.

Apple products are sought after there so might be worth a punt.

Comment

Also worth putting up here of course.

Comment

Want to sell a Mac, buy a refurbished iPhone ? Mac2Sell determines the fair price for each second hand Apple product including MacBook Pro, iMac and other Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch. We also help to buy or resell it.

Tends to be pretty accurate for getting a price.

Edit: Probably best to knock off 10-20% of that price though if you are going outside of eBay and want a quick sale.
        Last edited by Pikate; 19-12-2011, 19:52.

Comment

Interesting site. I just tested it with 1.8 and 2GHz MacBooks and it undervalued them by between ?60 and ?100 so it's really only a very loose guide at best I think. Better off doing an advanced search on eBay for completed listings to see what they're making. I agree about knocking 10 - 20% off if not selling on eBay though. eBay + Paypal will strip you of about 15% of the final value anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X