Modded WIi - whats a good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded WIi - whats a good price?

I'm thinking of buying a Modded Wii so I can play import games. So far the best deal I've found is a Modded Wii with 500gb hard drive for ?190, is this a good deal?

I soft modded my xbox years ago so I could use XBMC but the Wii soft modding looks far more complex. Should I give it a shot?

Soft modded or chipped? I've sold two softmodded ones on here (I think) for no more than about ?60, although not with a hdd but they are only like ?50...

Comment

Originally posted by Area88 View Post
      but the Wii soft modding looks far more complex. Should I give it a shot?
      I did my Wii in 5 mins (including downloading all the stuff needed and putting it on an SD card) admittedly I just wanted to re-install the "Donkey Kong: Original Edition" my Red Wii was SUPPOSED to come with but yeah do it yourself, it's 'Cooking Mama' levels of easy.

Comment

Modding a Wii is one of the most trivial mods ever, second only to the PSP.

Comment

I sold my spare softmodded wii on ebay a couple of weeks ago for ?55. It seems a little complex at first but it gets easier to understand if you decide to do it yourself.

Modding a wii might seem trivial but modding any system these days can be seen as bad. I modded my wii for 2 reasons, region free (i hated that feature on all my consoles) and usb loading. After my kids destroying 2 mario galaxy discs and an epic mickey disc enough was enough, i would rather replace a hdd than countless discs.

Comment

My Wii disc drive rattled like hell, and when I tried to open it to fix it, I found Nintendo had used unusual screws so I couldn't get in.

So instead I hooked up a hard drive and play the games from there. Now I can hear the game

http://gwht.wikidot.com/ <- Easy tutorials

Comment

the wii is seriously underrated if you manage to get through the crap mini games ummmm games. i only really bother with my 360 and wii, my ps3 doesnt get a look in.

wiihacks have some good tutrials aswell.

Comment

Working...
              X