Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 trigger clip-ons/mods. Anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 trigger clip-ons/mods. Anyone use them?

So far, my extensive(two seconds) Googling has brought up the following:

From the user reviews the Gioteck ones break easily, the Orb ones are generally nice and the comfort pack triggers are good(but the pack is 2-4 week delivery)

So, does anyone use these thingies? What do you think of them?

Getting rid of my 360 so the PS3 will be my main console within a week or so and, while I'm not looking to run out and get BF3 or anything, nor do I play FPS games much, I don't really like the stock triggers compared with 360. I imagine driving games will be nicer with 360-style triggers, too.

Bear in mind that, in terms of build quality(or lack thereof), I barely play games so they'll not get much use and, even when they do, it won't be particularly heavy. Still, I'd rather get a decent, more expensive product than risk a flimsy one for ?1.90 because I'm a big softy.

Cheers for any replies

i use the geotech ones. they are fine for my requirements and certainly stop my fingers slipping off as they used to. however i mainly use a power a controller or sarurn usb on my ps3.

Comment

Bought them years ago and judging from the photos I've got the ORB triggers. They brought me through several games without any problem.

Comment

Cheers, guys. I'll be using the Saturn pad mostly, too.

I'll grab the Orbs, I think. They've had good reviews(although I take shopping site user reviews with a barrel of salt).

Comment

I appear to have the orb ones. 2 years and going strong. Recommended.

Comment

When I bought my PS3 in late 2008, I bought a pack of Geoteck triggers (were ?2.99 in a Game store) with the console and they have been on the Dual Shock 3 ever since. Never once come off, or have I had any issues with them. They are awesome and I've been recommending them to other PS3 owners (they don't always appreciate the difference these make for Driving and FPS games).

I can imagine if you keep removing the triggers it wares the plastic down and maybe that contributes to them falling off. Still whichever ones you buy, brilliant little and cheap idea.

Comment

Ordered the Orbs from Amazon so will see how I get on. Was thinking about sticking some flat rubber on inside where it touches the surface of the trigger to help keep it in place if I find it slipping off but I'll play that one by ear.

Comment

I have a couple of sets of Geotechs, had them since they first appeared. Awesome, essential for the pad. Never had any break on me, though they can pop off if you squeeze very hard. Rarely happens to me.

Highly recommended, make the pad far better and hopefully that shape trigger will be standard on the PS4. I was quite amazed when I first used a PS3 at how poor the proper triggers are - did no-one test one before manufacture?

Comment

I remember thinking that these were the dumbest things ever made but after using them I've completely changed my mind, can't play without them now. I probably wouldn't need them if I didn't play my 360 as much as the PS3 but it's nice to have 'good' triggers.

Comment

I wonder if anyone made replacement triggers?

Comment

Working...
                    X