Saturn repairs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn repairs.

I went to replace the battery in my Saturn yesterday only to discover that the pin from the battery holder nearest the outside of the board is loose.
    I would imagine it would just need a wee dab of solder to reattach it?

How difficult is it strip the Saturn down far enough to get to the board in that area to solder the pin back on?

Not difficult at all. The procedure itself varies depending on model(some models have a separate controller board) which means a few more screws but it's pretty straightforward, just unscrew everything.

You'll have to strip it right down to the motherboard, though. By the time you remove the metal shielding above the battery(the bit that the VCD card goes into), you'll be at the motherboard anyway so may as well take the motherboard out and get comfortable...

Comment

OK. I'll get round to giving this a go once I've sorted the 2 iMacs and the Powerbook I have waiting to get looked at!

I was a bit concerned at potentially harming my Saturn as it is in great condition and I would hate to have to look for another one.

Comment

Saturn's are pretty rugged inside. Saturn 60Hz switch was my first console modding experience, and it showed

Comment

Working...
        X