PS3 Memory Issues with Google + occasional Blue Screen on start-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Memory Issues with Google + occasional Blue Screen on start-up

This is a cause for concern as my UK PS3 died about 18 months ago.

Of late the thing has run out of memory doing a Google search.

On start up in the last few days, I sometimes just get a blue screen. Up until tonight a restart has solved the problem. Tonight I had to do an initial type of set up with date and time etc. On starting after that it wanted to do the new version of the database reload. I then reset the display and proceeded to set the main account linked into PSN again. I hope I can remember all the email addresses, let alone passwords for the other accounts on the thing.

Any thoughts as to where the problem lies? All the information is still on the hard disk so I am not sure that would be at fault.

Sounds like hdd is having a slow death to me might be wrong though

Comment

Managed to get the PS3 started this morning after some Blue Screens. I had to the initial start up again and relink to PSN. I have yet to do the other accounts... again. At least I now have recorded the email addresses I used (I managed to guess three of them). Multiple accounts - the joys of GT5 lol. I will leave the PS3 on so that at least it keeps its info ready for the GT5 DLC later and an "install" on every account.

I emailed Sony, so I shall see what they say.

Comment

I had a response from the US support desk (for my US machine) within about 5 hours (only just checked).

Colour me impressed. There was absolutely no mention made of returning the PS3 for repairs. Also there was a comprehensive way to (hopefully) get around that blue screen problem. Plus the no memory error. Very helpful indeed. Admittedly they did make a point of saying that I should contact the UK support if it was a UK machine (like that would make a difference to the solution).

Comment

Working...
        X