Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging portables [PSVITA] abroad

Hi

So I am going away to Thailand shortly after the release of the Vita. I would like to take it with me, however Im not sure If I would potentially damage the unit via charging. Would any damage occur if I used the standard power supply with an adapter for the socket?

If I got hold of a usb plug, could I charge the VITA via usb? Is this potentially the same as using the standard power supply?

Cheers for any help,
    Daniel.

Thailand's the same voltage as UK, so you should be fine. Though most consumer electronics (at least premium stuff) that I've owned in the recent past have had variable voltage adapters (should say 110-240V on them, or something to that effect), so you are okay in most places with a basic plug adapter.

Comment

The vita (well import one anyway) is multvoltage so if they are the same when they come out here all you will need is the native country's power lead (figure 8)

Comment

Excellent, so its safe to say, I will not need a step-down adapter of any sorts? Just an socket adapter to change the pins? So if I purchase one of those universal adapters at the airport, I should be fine?

Thanks so much for the replies

Comment

Indeed so!

Comment

Working...
          X