XBox 360 Versus Fighting Pad problem on Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox 360 Versus Fighting Pad problem on Windows 7

I bought an Xbox 360 Versus Fighting Pad for using on Windows 7 because all the PC pads seem to have the wrong layout, and I heard 360 pads worked on Windows 7. But Windows 7 won't configure or recognise the d-pad. Is there a way to use another driver on it or something?

They dpad recognises as a POV hat. Your best bet is to use JoyToKey to map the POV positions to the direction keys on the keyboard.

Comment

Thanks but Joy2Key slows things own too much and it doesn't work with Crimzon Clover, which is my favourite game.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Comment

dont fighting pads have a switch on the back to change so the d-pad is either the analogue stick or d-pad ?

Comment

Can't you configure the controls in game? I had to do that with some games when using a 360 fight stick on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
            dont fighting pads have a switch on the back to change so the d-pad is either the analogue stick or d-pad ?
            The PDP one doesn't. It's pretty poop. The microswitched dpad makes it pretty good for shmups though.

Comment

Probably worth giving XBCD a go:

Looks quite frightening but could be worth a shot. XBCD's a lot more configurable and I think you can reassign the dpad to work as X/Y axis which is what you'll be needing, I expect.

I was having a similar issue with my joystick(PS3 mode) and WinKawaks as it doesn't like POV hat, only axes.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                I've already looked, and this one doesn't.

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                Can't you configure the controls in game? I had to do that with some games when using a 360 fight stick on my PC.
                Nope, there's no option to do that.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                The PDP one doesn't. It's pretty poop. The microswitched dpad makes it pretty good for shmups though.
                That's why I bought the gamepad, I only play the doujin games.

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                Probably worth giving XBCD a go:

Looks quite frightening but could be worth a shot. XBCD's a lot more configurable and I think you can reassign the dpad to work as X/Y axis which is what you'll be needing, I expect.

I was having a similar issue with my joystick(PS3 mode) and WinKawaks as it doesn't like POV hat, only axes.
                You're right, it does look quite frightening lol.

Isn't there some way to use a different driver on it?

Comment

Thing is, from what I've gathered the only drivers for Xbox 360 pads are XBCD and Windows' own one. It's a shame there isn't an official XBCD for Windows 7.

You say Joy2Key slows things down - do you mean it adds lag to the movements because of the conversion or that it slows your system down? If it's the second one, you could try AutoHotkey

Comment

Working...
                  X