FF 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF 11

Hi. I'm aware that you need a credit card to play FF 11 online but do you need to register it straight away or can you use the 30 day no subscription without putting in your credit card details ?

I don't have a credit card you see but would love to try this game. Also anyone heard anything about a FF 11 demo ?

I would imagine you would have to enter your Credit Card details from the outset, but wouldn't be billed for the first 30-days.

Comment

That's the case for the last 3 MMOs I've played: you get your free trial period having entered your CC details and are billed if you continue playing it beyond said period.

Comment

I take it this is a general FF11 thread?
        Question: Does anyone know the min spec graphics card required to run this smoothly (non jerkily with all the effects turned on)? thanks.

Comment

I seem to remember there being a program you could download to see how well the game would run on your PC. Unfortunately I don't have the link to hand, but maybe someone else does?

Comment

Incidentally, someone told me that you don't get to choose your server when you're creating your character - ie, you can't play with your friends, except by chance. He also said that the only way to change server was using game-credits, and even then you couldn't move your character over, you had to start afresh.

Can anyone confirm this, or is it just BS?

Comment

Yep, the FFXI Benchmark program, that can be found right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Beelzebot
                Incidentally, someone told me that you don't get to choose your server when you're creating your character - ie, you can't play with your friends, except by chance. He also said that the only way to change server was using game-credits, and even then you couldn't move your character over, you had to start afresh.

As far as I am aware, you can invite a friend to join you via the World Pass system.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders

As far as I am aware, you can invite a friend to join you via the World Pass system.
                  You can, but you still have to create a new character. You can't spend months developing a character on one server then transfer that character over to another.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                    Originally posted by Bleeders

You can, but you still have to create a new character. You can't spend months developing a character on one server then transfer that character over to another.
                    That sounds well off putting ft: anyting like phantasy star's setup would have been good

Yep, the FFXI Benchmark program, that can be found right here.
                    Yeah I've run the benchmark, too much frameskipping, any one recommend a card that it runs perfect on? (ram & cpu not a problem )

Comment

Anything geforce4 Ti and above will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                        Anything geforce4 Ti and above will do.
                        Cheers,
                        no for radeon?

Comment

I'm using a Radeon 9700 Pro and the benchmark runs fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X