PS3 Slim 3 months old and wont load disc's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Slim 3 months old and wont load disc's

Hi i bought a ps3 slim 320 gig just before christmas from argos, I tried to play a game today and the disc was not showing up under the Game section, so i put in another game and still no luck, i put in a brand new game and it still wont load up or even show that there is a disc in ?

what should i do ? is this a common fault

thanks

Your BR drive is knackered take it back and don't take no for an answer (it is the shops responsibility to replace not yours to send to sony)

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
      what should i do ?
      Return it to Argos for a replacement?

Comment

Ps+ upload all your saves to cloud, de register it take it back get new one activate, recover saves and pan content.
        Profit

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          Return it to Argos for a replacement?
          Only problem is that argos can be funny about returns on consoles, and i sold all of the bundled has anyone had experience with them , will try the ps + the saves thanks.

Comment

Were the bundled items things that were included inside the PS3 box itself or were they separate? If they were separate and you're just doing a like for like swap, then I don't think there can be any problem as you're not asking for a refund.

And As evilthecat says, consumer laws mean they have to replace an item that is defective after such a short period of time.

Comment

I had this problem before where my machine wouldn't read disks. Try formatting it before returning it.

Comment

Well i took it back and they would not replace it , they said they would send it back to be repaired, it was late in the day and i didnt feel like making a fuss , should i give up with argos and send it back to sony.

Its really stressfull, i had my 60g launch model break before this i thought this would last me a very long time but sony have such poor quaility control over their hardware.

Comment

^ nope take to Argos it's legally their responsibility to replace

Comment

Argos don't legally have to replace it. After 28 days the offer of a repair is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the law.

Comment

Yeah, I recently discovered that the working on the 2002 act is sufficiently vague that the seller can interpret in their favour quite easily.

Comment

So basically im screwed, and will have to waste more time and money on phone calls ect and have my console which has had about 15 hours use since i bought it before christmas ripped open and have temp fix put in place. I hate sony and argos.

Comment

Hang on a minute!

Thanks to the new European Regulations, UK law now offers greater protection for consumers against products which develop faults within the first 6 months. The assumption is now that if it breaks down within this time period it cannot have conformed to the contract specification when purchased and you have the right to an automatic repair or replacement.
                          Not got time to investigate but you should!

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                            Hang on a minute!

Not got time to investigate but you should!
                            Yeah that's what I was talking about just go in and insist on speaking to the manager then be firm but polite and I would say 9/10 you will get what you want but you have to speak to the manager it's no good going to some jobsworth when you have a problem

Comment

Just been reading this thread through - Absolutely no reason why argos shouldn't replace the console as the first 12 months of any warranty should be with the retailer.

Also, did you try my suggestion of formatting your console? Whatever had happened with mine was fixed after a reformat.
                              Last edited by Daragon; 24-04-2012, 10:35.

Comment

Working...
                              X