PS2 Japan 'The Best' series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Japan 'The Best' series

Wanting to replace my DC copy of Rez that I sold a while back, I see that yesasia and play-asia are both offering it cheap on the 'The Best' budget rerelease label.

Anyone own any 'The Best' titles? what's the difference (if any) over the full price releases?

Apart from different cover art and disc art, the game remains the same.

Comment

Cheers. Picking up some Rez (?18) and Space Channel 5 ptII (?10) action.

Comment

I got Rez for PS2 and it work fine

And are there any more games in The Best series as I want to see what else is out there

Comment

Well I was just looking at the yesasia section http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdGrpD...pid=1002523721 although I'm sure there are probably more in the series though.

Comment

apart from the nasty boxart, nothing. I ordered ICO from yesasia cos of the nice price (23 quid) and the fact that i thought it was the original version. Why cant all budget release covers be as classy as the capcom 'megahits' series!

Id rather have the megahits box than the original... apart from the 'nice price' sticker on the front

Comment

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
              Apart from different cover art and disc art, the game remains the same.
              Actually, I don't think the disc art is any different from the original releases. I have four PS2B titles, and none of them have platinum-esque blank discs ... in fact, on ZOE it still says 'disc 1' (~ remember how the original came with the MGS demo ?). Artwork is present on the discs at least, anyway.

I don't know how often it occurs, but it seems bonuses can sometimes appear with the PS2Bs - Shinobi has an extra 'appreciate' DVD for example.

Originally posted by Legendary
              And are there any more games in The Best series as I want to see what else is out there
              Think of it as the equivilant of our Platinum, or the US 'Greatest Hits' - when a game does well in Japan, chances are it'll appear again as PS2B. There are also a few company variants you might want to look out for too ... 'Konami the Best', 'Taito the Best' etc.

S.

Comment

I am very very new to this NTSC thing and i'm wondering do you guys/girls buy the real NTSC games or just copies?

Cos copies they never work and they are illeagal, if you buy a copy of any game then you are a thief.

Comment

real all the way. Copies are not my thing, and dont have the same feel of a real game, such as the boxart, manual etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie1982
                    I am very very new to this NTSC thing and i'm wondering do you guys/girls buy the real NTSC games or just copies?

Cos copies they never work and they are illeagal, if you buy a copy of any game then you are a thief.
                    Really?

Wow, you learn something everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie1982

Comment

To borrow a phrase from another site, "Did you know there is a website attached to this forum?"

Comment

Working...
                        X