SF4 fightpads no longer supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF4 fightpads no longer supported

Sorry if this has been covered before. I wanted to try kof 13 for the first time yesterday and much to my frustration I found out that madcatz fight pads no longer work on PS3. I find this unbelievable bad form. Now I've got kof 13 and SF3 that I can no longer play on PS3 and I only use fight pads. Yet another reason to stick to xbox for all things multiformat.

Are you sure it's not a problem with the pad itself? I'm not saying Sony aren't to blame but it seems like a huge conclusion to jump to unless you have some other knowledge I don't know about?

EDIT: Is it a wireless pad?

EDIT: People have been using these to play SF x Tekken so it can't be Sony that have blocked it can it?
    Last edited by Brad; 26-03-2012, 16:13.

Comment

Maybe unrelated but I saw a post somewhere about the latest KOF not working with a lot of older pads and joysticks.

Comment

I read up on it and apparently all old madcatz wireless pads have been shut down due to some bull**** security concern. The pad won't sync at all, even on the dashboard. Alot of other 3rd party controller / usb devices are also affected.

Comment

Wtf!? Why is there not international outrage? Mad catz should be doing replacements no? Also why did my ps1 stick still work? And a of Logitech wheel? And a fake ps2 controller+Chinese adapter? Did mad catz not pay license? It was the official sf4 controller wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            Wtf!? Why is there not international outrage? Mad catz should be doing replacements no? Also why did my ps1 stick still work? And a of Logitech wheel? And a fake ps2 controller+Chinese adapter? Did mad catz not pay license? It was the official sf4 controller wasn't it?
            I think alot of the controllers you mention still work fine. Mine is an official sf4 pad. My ps2 dualshock with cheap usb adapter still works as does my other 3rd party ps2 pad. I can't remember the link to this discussion but I'll post it here if I find it again.

Comment

What's going on? I know they blocked fake pads way back when and I think there was mention of Mad Catz pads somehow getting caught up as well but that it was(or would be) sorted? I've got a USB Saturn pad which is what I've been planning on using with PS3 fighters but now I'm concerned.

Just tried my Saturn pad with the kof 13 demo and it's no go, although it works fine in the XMB and other games.

This is awkward. Every time a fighter(or other game that works better with that pad) comes out I'm going to have to wait for confirmation first!

:edit:

Seems the European version got patched back in January and should work with USB pads at least:

I was of the understanding that the PS3 Mad Catz pads were just regular USB devices(I thought that's why they came with a dongle?).
              Last edited by randombs; 26-03-2012, 21:07.

Comment

Sony wanted to block the USB dongles that allowed piracy. The mad catz ones got caught up in it all but toes were the early, prior to 2008, pads. An official sf4 one shouldn't have any issues.

Comment

Was it for dongles? I know their official line was to block the slew of fake, allegedly flammable DS3s that appeared.

@ moonwhistle: Does your SF4 pad not even work in the XMB?

Comment

I have no proof re: dongles.. but yes :-) Far more likely explanation than rogue DS3s packed with C4 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                      Was it for dongles? I know their official line was to block the slew of fake, allegedly flammable DS3s that appeared.

@ moonwhistle: Does your SF4 pad not even work in the XMB?
                      My SF4 pad won't sync at all. I'm positive it's not the pad at fault.

Comment

Try it in a PC.

Comment

What speedy said, although I wonder if your positivity is because you've tried that already?

Comment

Working...
                          X