X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Don't sit on the fence dude. Speak your mind
    Haha, sorry. They just seem like a pointless compromise over going full SSD.

Comment

I have gone full ssd. That's the boot drive 120gb Kingston.

Comment

Got a 250GB Samsung 850 Pro as my boot drive, also got games on it. My system boots in mere seconds, way faster than my older SSDs.

Comment

Something has gone wrong. After years with no problems with Windows, this fresh install is already corrupt... File Explorer wouldn't start. Self reporting said it found corruption in Windows files but couldn't fix... Lame. Currently installing again. What a waste of time.

Comment

Before reinstalling I would check the disk for undocumented bad sectors.

Comment

How do I check? It's a new disk.

Comment

Make sure SMART is turned on in the bios and run a disk check - most manufacturers have tools you can download to test your disk (non-destructively).

Comment

Smart is on. I'll try a check.

Comment

chkdsk /R reports 0 bad sectors. Phew. (event log).

Comment

Picked up a EVGA GTX960 SSC and an EVGA 550w PSU.

Amazing how quiet these are together.

I'm slowly moving my way towards replacing the CPU/MOBO/RAM and aiming for an extremely power efficient machine. So far so good.

Comment

Thinking about upgrading my GTX670 to something beefier but I'm not really sure what. Something like a GTX780 maybe? Don't want to be spending over ?200 really, I'll get about ?80 back from my GTX670 so ?120 cash into the upgrade would be reasonable I think.

Comment

GTX 970?

I was looking at the ASUS GTX970 but I couldn't justify it - nothing I have in my steam library is that demanding.

Comment

I went from 670 to a 780ti and I was surprised how much of a beast it is in comparison. Maybe lacking the greenpeace and flair of a few recent cards but the grunt is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              GTX 970?

I was looking at the ASUS GTX970 but I couldn't justify it - nothing I have in my steam library is that demanding.
                              To be honest, I think you're making sense. I kinda only wanted to upgrade to reach parity with the rest of my system but the GTX670 drives both of my monitors just fine and the most taxing thing I play is Final Fantasy XIV which I'm happy to just leave on DX9 instead of DX11.

Comment

Picked up a 120gb SSD and a wireless pci card to put into an old dual core system for a relative. Should noticeable speed things up for them considering.

Comment

Working...
                                X