This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could just be vibration?

Get the side off and have a cautious poke around is my advice.

Comment

Also, try pressing parts of the case(e.g. side panels) to see if it goes away.

When I used to have a PC I often left one panel unscrewed for easy access but it would vibrate as a result. Screwing it in stopped that.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
        Ladies and Gents,

I recently built a pc loosely based upon the latest digital foundry 1080p gaming rig. It's great but I've got a low level hum, noise from the fan or power supply or something. Anywho any tips on how to make it just a tad quieter?

tanks!
        Mine was like that, turned out it it was vibration through the feet of the PC case on to the wooden cabinet. A bit of foam under each of the four corners sorted it. As the others have said probably vibration or a noisy fan, best tip is to stick your head in the case and see where it's coming from, fans can be replaced by quieter ones, unless it's the power supply.

Comment

I'm back in the pc game! Woohoo! Bought a GTX670 from Largo on here. I've installed it today and give Crysis 2 and Tomb Raider a quick blast. Runs really well and not nearly as noisy as my old gtx480.

Comment

Have fancied a bit of Tomb Raider recently. Might give it a go on PC..

Comment

You should definitely give it a try. It feels like it controls itself at times but it's really enjoyable and looks really nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Have fancied a bit of Tomb Raider recently. Might give it a go on PC..
                Cheap as chips here Speedy ie ?3.75 for Steam key

Comment

New drives for the NAS. Expecting 40 hours to completely expand the whole array.

Comment

Well, hello there.

Comment

Mad jelly. Full frame camera and a fancy monitor!

Comment

When I know how the MkIII "thinks" I'll put my MkII on sale.
                        The monitor is gorgeous. Same physical screen height as the U2410 and 2408WFP but half the bezel. Also lighter than both monitors, attaching it to the rotating arm was a breeze. Two bad things: instead of coloured labels on the back it's just inprints on the plastic (worse readability) and that it doesn't come with an integrated CF reader, only SD; I will miss that feature from the 2408WFP. Maybe I'll get a 5" bay with an incorporated flash reader.

Comment

I think my issue is that with the U2410, upgrading to a better monitor would cost a considerable amount of money.

If I can somehow wall mount my speakers getting a second one might be an option but aside from that...

I assume that 27" is 1440p?

Comment

i have the 1080p version of that monitor (s2715) and image quality is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              I think my issue is that with the U2410, upgrading to a better monitor would cost a considerable amount of money.
                              If I can somehow wall mount my speakers getting a second one might be an option but aside from that...
                              I assume that 27" is 1440p?
                              2560x1440, yep. My first idea was to get a U2413 (around 100CHF less than the U2715H on Dell's website) because it's 16:10 and has 1:1 pixel mapping (to avoid consoles being stretched vertically); the U2415 is about half the price of the U2715H but doesn't have 1:1 pixel mapping (only 16:10, 5:4, 4:3), so it was out of question. Don't know why but the idea of getting a monitor from 2013 wasn't that appealing, and I thought most 27" would be too heavy for the support arm I use; out of curiousity I checked TFT Central's review of the U2715H, double checked specs on Dell's website, and ordered it...on an other website that sold it for 500CHF (express shipping and shipping warranty included), 300CHF less than on Dell.
                              And now I'm very happy
                              Still have to play with anything on it though; and I've barely touched the MkIII too (manual diving for custom functions and the new buttons).

Comment

I suppose the glass you already own is the reason you got the MkIII instead of something like a Sony A7?

And ya, I think 16:10 is a must.

Comment

Working...
                                X