X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if you want an optical viewfinder!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      I suppose the glass you already own is the reason you got the MkIII instead of something like a Sony A7?
      Glass and accessories (flash units, batteries), plus I wouldn't have to completely re-learn the man-machine interface. Optical viewfinder absolutely, and CF cards. Replacing 150GB worth of cards isn't cheap.

And ya, I think 16:10 is a must.
      For me too, but at 1440 I would go beyong 1920x1200 and won't have to worry about 1:1 pixel mapping from 16:9 sources. Win-win-

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Well, hello there.
        Well done with the 5D III, big fan of FF.

Comment

My Samsung plasma, which I have had for approx 7 years, has started to get visible vertical lines down the screen, from top to bottom.

Taking advantage of Currys clearance sale (TV section, as they are making way for the 2015 models to arrive), I managed to snag this.

Waiting for tomorrow so my nephew can help me unbox it and put it on the t.v. unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
            My Samsung plasma, which I have had for approx 7 years, has started to get visible vertical lines down the screen, from top to bottom.

Taking advantage of Currys clearance sale (TV section, as they are making way for the 2015 models to arrive), I managed to snag this.

Waiting for tomorrow so my nephew can help me unbox it and put it on the t.v. unit.

I have this Bravia model and can vouch it is amazing,mEdge tech makes the pic look brilliant and the flow tech is great for no blurt on sports. Plus lowest game input lag of any TV. Apps work well too most of the time. If the TV apps ever get problems do Internet content refresh in options and that usually sorts them out. Netflix app is great occasionally freezes but just restart all and fixes it. The You Tube app lets you chuck thinks from your one/iPad to the TV. I have also plugged chrome cast into mine as has so many HDMI ports. If you have a PS4 you can control it through the TV with Bravia sync or even if you turn Bravia sync off, you can get it to auto change the the right HDMI the PS4 if plugged into by pressing the PS button on the pad. Also setting keywords is great for letting it find stuff on You Tube etc automatically.

Enjoy

After a bit of time I got a Sony Sound bar too which compliments it well, helps the sounds a lot. Currys had some ?200 reduced to ?150 when I bought mine, and uses optical plus has Bluetooth so can basically use as a stereo too. Seemed to have dropped even more in price since I bought it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Channel.../dp/B008YDJB32
            Last edited by JU!; 10-07-2015, 23:07.

Comment

Something to replace my GTX 670, plenty of short term grunt.

Comment

That will keep the house warm over winter too

Comment

Yeah stock cooler could cook an egg but was a decent price and ive got a massive case so shouldnt be a problem....he says

Comment

Got a U2515H coming tomorrow.

25" AH-IPS panel with a resolution of 2560x1440. Should be mint.

Comment

Got a U2515H coming tomorrow.

25" AH-IPS panel with a resolution of 2560x1440. Should be mint.
                      Woah. Stunning that!

I really want to get one with a thin bezel.

What monitor are you upgrading from?

Comment

A Dell U2410, which in itself is a great monitor. Might just hold onto it instead of selling it, dual monitors finally?

Comment

Great monitor that too but I wouldn't do a dual setup personally. I tried a few years ago with different monitors and I just found myself picking out the flaws in the old LG one I had.

Comment

My issue used to be turning my neck, made it ache. You're probably right, I'll just put my stupid hi-fi speakers back on my desk.

Comment

Boom.

Loving the 1440p already, everything looks so sharp.

Comment

Just received my Panasonic TX-50CX802B. Paid ?1499 for this from pcworld, and thank goodness for teh THX modes because i was losing patience fast with the sony's which kept coming with gamma that trailed off terribly in the darker area's blocking precious detail...

This set is magnificent and easy the best thing i've had, better even than my previous panasonic st50 plasma. Scales extremely well, much better than i thought it would, and oozes quality.

You really do get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                                X