Gamecube component lead price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamecube component lead price!

Haven't been around for a while, but now finding a little time to play. Sold vast majority of my old games and haven't regretted it for a second, but I still have some US GC games I'd like to get back into. I remember selling my old Gamecube component lead for #30 and thinking it was so expensive, but now they are going for over twice that according to Ebay!How can this be? One can buy a (BC) Wii and component lead for less... Can anyone explain this bizarre phenomenon?

The GC one has a custom chip in the plug, and is therefore more expensive to produce. The Wii cable is just a standard cable.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

People hacking them to death for NTSC GC SCART cables and VGA cables isn't helping the price either.

Comment

GC Component cables are also used to make RGB Scart cables for the NTSC GC as well as VGA cables, because of the aforementioned custom chip.

Unless you really need to use the network adaptor, it makes massively more sense to just use a Wii. It's even easier to make the Wii region free.

EDIT - Beaten to it.

Comment

You can save a fair wad by getting a D-Terminal cable and installing some component plugs.

Comment

Yeah using a Wii makes the most sense these days, especially if you softmod and get it to boot straight into a loader that can be operated with the GC controller, as I find the Wii remotes tend to eat batteries and have run out by the time I want to use em!

Comment

I take a battery out of my wii remotes. They sit there doing *something* all the time

Comment

Yeah I did start doing that but it's such a faff especially with the rubber covers on them. Switching to the remotes with motionplus built in does seem to have solved the problem somewhat, but not completely by any stretch. Picking up the wavebird is much easier

Comment

People actually use those rubber covers? Wow.

Comment

TBH I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't! And if you have the motionplus things on separately without the cover the remote just looks plain hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      You can save a fair wad by getting a D-Terminal cable and installing some component plugs.
                      I picked up a VGA cable recently from a member on here and converted it back to component, lovely picture.

But yeah, real shame that it's got that custom chip in it, i guess it made third party cables impossible!

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. So I was basically right, it's just bizarre given the price of a Wii these days. *Heads to Wanted forum to look for a USA Wii*

Comment

Working...
                        X