Cable management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable management

This thread is for a bit of fun and to show off my new case. It's a Corsair 300R. Now, in the past cases haven't been so easy to cable manage, but it's a lot easier these days. Modular PSUs help too. The reason behind cable management is simple, to stop cables from blocking airflow which in turn gives you the best airflow in and out of your case.

So without further ado:

As you can see I have a non modular PSU so it's a bitch to cable manage.. lol

Anyone who's been on a PC forum before will be familiar with this kind of thing. Maybe.

I had a look in mine just for a laugh to compare. Yours is thing of beauty. Mine is an explosion in a spaghetti factory.

Whilst doing so I noticed that the rather more urgent task was vacuuming the front fan grill which was totally full with fluff

I have a beautiful modular PSU.

Here's a question that's slightly off topic, but my i5 runs at 47-50? with the cpu fan at lowest speed of 1040rpm (controlled by the system bios which changes depending on load, as does the PSU fan). So essentially it's silent, but seems a little hot. I'm guessing tidying up my cables would help, but should I worry about this temp which is 24/7? It happily runs for a few hours at 75? when doing intensive video conversions at much higher fan rpm.

Note: it's the standard intel cpu fan.

Comment

Those temps are fine, especially considering it's the stock cooler. If you tried tidying cables though you'd probably see a few degrees drop.

75c isn't that high for a CPU either, nothing to worry about.

Comment

Lovely cable management, Speed.

I'll get some pictures posted of my rig once the new card arrives.

Comment

Working...
        X