storing games and consoles in a loft advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

storing games and consoles in a loft advice please

I need to store my games and consoles in the loft for a few weeks while i have some work done at home and as there's nothing up there i could store all my consoles up inside the loft until the work is finished.

Most of my consoles are boxed up in the original cardboard boxes.

The loft is dry all i wonder is moisture getting in to them, cold air up inside it etc and will this damage them, it will only be for about a month and then i can bring them back down again.

Is there anything i need to do before putting them up into the loft ?

Some advice would be helpful.

If the loft is dry, it should be ok for a month, but black plastic sacks for each box, tied in a knot?

I've had things like DVD players and peripherals up there for years that seem unaffected, just loose in boxes. Quite dry in my loft.
    Last edited by charlesr; 12-06-2012, 09:32.

Comment

Yeah i was thinking it would be fine but just check as i know its best to leave electrical equipment for a few hours at room temperature when moving from cold to warm locations.

Yes i will need to put them in sacks to avoid getting fiberglass on them etc.

Comment

You can buy storage bags in poundland where you seal them up and then put your hoover on a valve to suck all the air out.
        These are quite bit so useful for putting large boxes in and keeping them dry/moisture free

Comment

The loft being dry is one thing, what I discovered when I stored many items in a loft for quite a while is the drop in temperature can take the moisture out of the air inside the boxes when you pack them. So even if the loft is dry, you can still find some moisture present because the water in the air in the boxes condenses.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
          X