Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Nightmare!....will it ever end?

Hi people,

Just thought I'd share my experience with Dell at the moment as I can't believe how bad their Customer Service has got!

Last week I ordered a brand new Laptop from them which arrived yesterday, The laptop is gorgeous (The new Inspiron 15r that was released last week) and everything was great until I ran a couple of benchmark tests on the Graphics Card. Its a pretty nifty machine that has switchable graphics cards so the majority of the time it runs on the integrated Intel 3000 card until specified otherwise. After running the benchmark using the Radeon 7670m instead the laptop turns off after a short while leading me to believe its overheating! I actually thought that the GPU fan probably isn't working as I couldn't feel hot air being pushed out of the side.

To my surprise I turned the laptop upside down to hear a screw loose internally. Out of curiosity I turned it back on to find the fan is now working!! Great but I'm not having a laptop with a loose screw in....you can now hear it when you move it from side to side and I'm not convinced that there isn't already more damage elsewhere due to it.

So dell gave me 2 options........Send my 1 day old laptop back to have a replacement issued (they couldn't guarantee it would be brand new and may be refurbished) which could take 2-3 weeks OR send it back as faulty for a full refund, order the same machine again today online ensuring it is brand new and it should turn up early next week.

Great......but after organising the refund it now appears as if the price has gone up by ?50 on the website. After being transferred 8 times between sales - customer relations - technical support I'm still none the wiser and currently waiting for yet ANOTHER call back to be told they can't match the price I paid 4 days ago!

That sounds horrible.

This is sort of why I buy used. I've bought brand new replacement body parts for mine and rebuilt it myself thoroughly so I know exactly what's under the lid and inside it.

I'd say get a refund. You'll get your money back, and while you wouldn't be able to afford the same one again at least you'd have the option to look elsewhere, I guess. Who's to say it wouldn't happen again?

I certainly wouldn't want a refurb as a replacement.

Comment

Me either, I'd be more sympathetic if I'd have had the laptop for a period of time but even now its not been 24 hours!

Just had my return phone call back and as expected they can't match the price I paid online 4 days ago and they are "sorry for the inconvenience"

Unbelievable. If I wanted a refurbished machine I'd have just bought one from Dell Outlet. At least the refund is being actioned lol

Comment

If you don't mind waiting, go on their site, do a live chat with someone, ask a bunch of questions, end the conversation, wait a couple of days and a discount voucher will arrive (usually).

Comment

Thanks for the hint but if they don't resolve this issue today I'l never purchase or recommend Dell again. In bullet point format its as simple as this...

* Buy a new Dell Laptop and it arrive faulty
          * Choice 1 - Have a refurbished replacement
          * Choice 2 - Pay ?50 more and get a new replacement

Comment

Choice 3 buy the same spec somewhere else these places should be kissing your arse for your money the way the economy is not the other way around hell they should give you ?100 off for sending you a broken product in the first place

Comment

What model/spec is the laptop?

I'll see if I can find some codes to get it cheaper.

Comment

Working...
              X