Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Stands...How Tall???

Hey guys,

Trying to put the finishing touches to an upgraded AV kit & I've got some bookshelf's for the Rears but I'm not sure how tall the Stands should be to get the best effects.

I've been looking at something along the lines of Atacama Nexus for the stands & they come in varying heights & had been thinking either the 6i (600mm) or the 7i (700mm) but was wondering if these would be tall enough or not?

Is there a specific requirement or would they be tall enough?

Thanks in advance

Neil

I suggest you make them tall enough so that a toddler can't grab them.

It seems like a long way off at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I suggest you make them tall enough so that a toddler can't grab them.

It seems like a long way off at the moment...
      Lol oh don't worry that's in consideration with everything at the moment...already contemplating wall mounting the telly when we move & sand filling the Floor Standers so they are too heavy to be pulled over.

The eventual plan is to replace the rears with another set of sand filled floor standers but in the meantime I have an old set of Bookshelf's that will take up rear duties...hopefully she'll still be crawling when I do the switch over.

Neil

Comment

Different people have different preferences, but I went for roughly head height for when i'm sat on the sofa, works a treat.

Comment

That's what I would suggest, ear height.

Comment

Head height is ideal. And remember to fill the stands with sand for dampening. And if you have a wooden floor in the room cut some thick rubber for under the spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
              Different people have different preferences, but I went for roughly head height for when i'm sat on the sofa, works a treat.

Looks lush Ikobo
              I thought that was the case, what height are your ones?

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              That's what I would suggest, ear height.
              Not on topic but please can you stop changing your Avatar...I'm a married man & you're not making it easy lol

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Head height is ideal. And remember to fill the stands with sand for dampening. And if you have a wooden floor in the room cut some thick rubber for under the spikes.
              Thanks buddy...I only ever have carpet so no problems there.
              Not sure the Atacama's can be sand filled but will look into stands that can.
              Oh while we are on the subject of sand filling do you need anything specific or will any old stuff do??

Thanks again guys.

Neil

Comment

Get some height adjustable ones. I have these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hifi-SPEAK...item3cc582339a

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Not on topic but please can you stop changing your Avatar...I'm a married man & you're not making it easy lol

B-but I just want to love you..

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Get some height adjustable ones. I have these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hifi-SPEAK...item3cc582339a
                    Thanks Charles but the top plates on those look way too small for what I'd need & they also look too easy to tip over.

I hate you...But yet I love you at the same time lol

Neil

Comment

I have a couch similar to Colin and I simply rest the speakers on the back in the arms. Works a treat for me but not 100% ideal. Stuck for space in my place though and don't want to start modding a rented property.

Comment

I reckon speedys pic will turn out to be a boy, then you'll end up in the shower scrubbing yourself like in the crying game.

Can't remember the exact height of mine mate, i'll measure them when I get home. It's all going to be dependant on the height of your own sofa though.

Comment

Can you not see the Adams Apple Neil... It's a guy!

I think speedy would be better changing his avatar to the pic of him eating cake, much better

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            I reckon speedys pic will turn out to be a boy, then you'll end up in the shower scrubbing yourself like in the crying game.

Can't remember the exact height of mine mate, i'll measure them when I get home. It's all going to be dependant on the height of your own sofa though.
                            Lol "UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN"

Thanks buddy.

Will measure up the back of my sofa as well to check...forgot that would have some bearing on it.
                            May even have to up to the Nexus 10i
                            I guess I better check the height of the Mission 731's as well to see where they'd fit in the end.

Neil

Comment

These are what I use for my rears buddy, look very similar to ikobos ones actually... They are about 3cm taller than the back of my sofa which is about ear level.

Comment

Working...
                              X