Weird RGB problem with a PCE Duo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird RGB problem with a PCE Duo

So I finally got my RGB modified black Duo. You'd swear it was new if it wasn't for the extra plug for RGB on the back

BUT! The RGB it outputs looks really, really bad. The colours bleed A LOT, and even composite looks better. I've tried turning every colour and contrast and whatnot setting on the TV all the way up and then down, but nothing helps...

pse rgb mods normally need a small video amp circuit to brighten the colors, do you know if that was installed (sometimes in the cable)?

still, the colors shouldn't bleed...

Comment

The colours are brighter than with Composite...

Comment

Maybe you do have an amp, and the signal is too strong then? Do you get more searing than blurring?

Comment

where did you get it from ??

ask them if they did the mod as some people put the booster inside the machine and others in the scart, however the machine may have been modded with the booster inside and then they have put a cable in with the duo that has the booster also.

just a thought.

Comment

Nope, it's nothing along the lines of that.

Comment

If the colours are bleeding then it sounds like either

1) The voltage levels for RGB are far too strong, try soldering 100Ohm or higher resisters over the RGB lines.

2) The Sync level is way too high, if the picture warps on very bright colours then it may need clamping.

Comment

Sounds like the first one, but could you explain the second one in more detail?

Comment

Please?

Comment

Will reply to you when I get the chance to do so.

Comment

Great

Comment

*cough*

Comment

Working...
                        X