Quick and easy one re: HDD brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick and easy one re: HDD brackets

My HTPC hard drive has spazzed and I have a 2.5" laptop drive to replace it in the short term, do i just need one of these to fit it:

Rack mounting is an effective solution for those looking to integrate a hard drive into a desktop bay. Visit Ebuyer.com for a wide selection of these products.

Presume this is what we need to use also for SSD's in desktops?

Cheers
    Last edited by Baseley09; 11-07-2012, 10:44.

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Presume this is what we need to use also for SSD's in desktops?
    Cheers
    If the SSD is 2.5". Anyway, if your case has a floppy bracket you can also use that without an adapter.

Comment

That'll do. My HTPC is small and only has one 3.5" hard drive bracket so I bought a double 2.5" to single 3.5" adapter so I can have two hard drives.

Comment

Cool, cheers for the intel lads.

Comment

If you care about noise, you can also check out www.quietpc.com for some cool noise damping HDD mounts.

Comment

Really random but weird coincidence so thought I'd post anyway - I have literally just stumbled upon that website after looking for more "AV equipment" type PC cases shame they are all rather pricey.

Erm, as you were...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              If you care about noise, you can also check out www.quietpc.com for some cool noise damping HDD mounts.
              Cheers that is a good site, strange as Koopatroopa90 i've been checking it out this week with an eye to building a new HTPC with fanless PSU etc all that gubbins.

Comment

I've used quietpc for case / case fans / cpu fans / silent videocards.
                If you aren't quite sure about something, email them. They are normally super fast to respond and will recommend something cheaper if it's more suitable for your needs, rather than trying to force the most expensive item on you. This kind of customer service is worth paying for.

Comment

Working...
                X