Trying to retrieve old Jap PSN account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to retrieve old Jap PSN account

Hello there folks. I'm currently in the process of trying to retrieve an old Jap PSN account as I have a downloaded title on my PSP that I can't access unless I have the PSP synched with the correct user.

The problem is that I can't remember the username of the PSN ID since I've changed PS3s and although I have setup a new account it won't allow me to download the game Persona 3 for free from the Jap PSN.

Is there any way to transfer the digital copy of Persona 3 from my PSP to the PS3? If not, is there any way to recoup my old PSN account? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The new account wouldn't allow you to download the game for free because the game isn't associated with that account.

Why do you want to transfer from the PSP to the PS3? Not that you can, but it wouldn't do anything anyway. PS3 cannot play PSP games. What does changing PS3's have to do with it also? Unless you changed the account on the PSP, it would run fine.

You only need to know the email address and password of the account to log in to it. You can recover the password if you know the email address.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 24-07-2012, 10:46.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Hey there Joe. Yeah I'm probably trying to circumvent the process but as it's been a while since I've downloaded Persona 3 I can't remember what Username/Password combination I used on the old PS3 now. Will try and remember to see if I can get into that account again.

Shame really that I can transfer a previously downloaded PSP title to my PS3, then synch that account up with PSN, then download it back to the PSP and play it. Sounds logical to me.

Edit: Just tried the possible usernames but PSN doesn't seem to like the options I'm coming up with. Any other ways to recoup the old username?

This is a lesson in the art of frustration. I think next time I'll just pick up a physical copy...
      Last edited by Paddy; 24-07-2012, 11:11. Reason: Extra info

Comment

As I said, you only need to know the email address and password to log in. Once logged in, you will discover the username associated with the account.

It sounds highly illogical to me. You can only play games on the account that bought them. Otherwise the world would be sharing games willy nilly.

I still don't understand why you keep referring to your PS3 either. You said Persona 3 is on your PSP, the PS3 has nothing to do with anything.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The reason I refer to the PS3 is that the former PSN account was on the old PS3 but is not on this new one. I'm trying to remember the e-mail address I used for that PS3 username but am struggling to remember. That is why I'm referring to the PS3 as this is required to log back in via the right user and then be able to synch the PSP up with the PS3 so I can then start and play my digital copy of Persona 3 on the PSP.

Comment

You can just enter the details into the PSP and then start playing, negating any PS3 involvement whatsoever.

However, the original account would have also had to have been on the PSP otherwise it wouldn't have run the game. You could try hitting triangle on the icon and it may give you details of the account the game is tied to.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 24-07-2012, 11:49.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That's true but I can't remember what the exact e-mail address was that I used to set up that PS3 user, hence why my own PSP will not allow me to play Persona 3 as it continues to tell me that 'This content can not be accessed on your account'.

Any ideas on how to retrieve the appropriate e-mail address?I know I'm going out on a limb here but the PSN service isn't as flexible as I'd like it to be...

Comment

You can retrieve the username with the correct email address, the same way that you can retrieve the email address with the correct username. How more flexible can it be?

Considering you know neither of these essential details, personally I think you're screwed.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm feeling this is something I should have made notes for previously but I'm learning my lesson as I go. Shame the PSP doesn't let you play PSP content from anywhere in the world under the same user but I can understand it making business sense.

Will have to try all the possibilities for what I could have set it up as. It wasn't really random beyond the Japanese address (even that was my old dorm in Kyoto).

I'll see what I can come up with.

Comment

Working...
                  X