Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Check and Help

Hey All,

I have not looked at building a PC for years now as the last PC I bought was a laptop!!! Just going to do some basic upgrades on my current rig over the next couple of months. I know my current PSU is good but will all these fit together. I have picked these so that when I get a better Case/Fans I can look at overclocking them also.

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Am I over looking anything obvious, I was unsure about the ram? Could I get better for the cash? Thanks.

For that budget I'd get:

Comment

Thanks Speedloita,

I see what you mean with the CPU thats cool.

Would this verison of the MB be ok? Just that I live right near scan and they only have this one in stock.

Also isnt the memory a downgrade?

Comment

A little, but RAM speed isn't that important. Quantity is what matters, within reason.

That board is great too yes.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          A little, but RAM speed isn't that important. Quantity is what matters, within reason.

That board is great too yes.
          Nice one. As im going down the picking up route at scan, is this a ok replacement for the ram?

So many different ones at scan!!

Oh and I assume you recommended the fan as the one that comes in the retail box is poop?

Comment

That RAM is fine yes.

And that CPU on the OcUK site is the OEM one, so no fan.

If you can get a retail box one then the stock fan is fine. I'd probably recommend aftermarket cooling still though, if only to save your ears.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              That RAM is fine yes.

And that CPU on the OcUK site is the OEM one, so no fan.

If you can get a retail box one then the stock fan is fine. I'd probably recommend aftermarket cooling still though, if only to save your ears.
              Nice one! Thanks for all the help!

Going to replace my Case, GPU and pickup a SSD next month so will look at making it super silent then

Comment

Very nice! I'd recommend Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans, a little pricey, but very very quiet, especially the ones that spin at a lower speed.

Comment

Nice, ill take a look. Can you recommend a case? I like the look of yours were you can see pretty much zero wires.

Comment

Most cases are like that these days. Mine was the Corsair 300R, relatively inexpensive for what it is.

I'd also recommend the Fractal Design Arc Midi.

Comment

Cheers ill check them out.

Comment

Speedlolita, helping BD members build computers since 2012

Comment

Could anyone post any pics of inside your PCs? I want to get an idea of how I should be keeping it tidy. I not built a new machine since IDE days!

Also is there any sites I can look at for safe operating temps when overclocking?

Just noticed with the case the depth is going to be important when upgrading my gpu! What should be minimum side I should be looking at?
                          Last edited by djtickle; 29-08-2012, 08:55.

Comment

well if i was to post a pic of the inside of my pc it will show you how not to keep it tidy....i dunno how to short of getting a bigger case the inside of my pc is just to cramped and the power cable are a pain even when cable tied up

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                            Could anyone post any pics of inside your PCs? I want to get an idea of how I should be keeping it tidy. I not built a new machine since IDE days!

Also is there any sites I can look at for safe operating temps when overclocking?

Just noticed with the case the depth is going to be important when upgrading my gpu! What should be minimum side I should be looking at?

Comment

I'm special though.

Comment

Working...
                              X