Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Person Shooters on PC with 360 Controller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Person Shooters on PC with 360 Controller.

(Not wanting to get into a keyboard and mouse is better...)

Please could you reccomend me a PC that can be hooked up onto a LCD HDTV.
    The use is for PC games 2000-2007.

May I ask...Can Call of duty (original) and COD Allied Assault be used with a xbox 360 controller?

Is there anyway of knowing what games can be used with a controller before buying them?

The games I'm looking to play most are the 2 call of duty games and some medal of honor stuff.
    (I really want to play these with a xbox 360 controller)

All advice appreciated. Thank You.

Sorry..meant MOH Allied assalt and COD original and United Offensive. This kind of era.

Comment

All "Games For Windows Live" titles have support for the 360 controller as part of their spec.

You can also check titles individually in Steam under system requirements, though this isnt entirely comprehensive.

As for those earlier titles you mentioned, it's unlikely that they support the 360 pad though with a joy2key style program, may be useable.

Comment

Could try something like XPadder otherwise, or indeed, joytokey.

Comment

May I ask what PC I need to buy please. What would be the best Windows OS to use on it?
          Non of the games I want are needed to play on-line. Its for the Campaigns.

Thank you for advice too.

Comment

Well, Windows 7, generally.

In terms of what PC, pretty much anything modern will play most older games really well.

Comment

Speedy - Thank You.

Something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAMING-HP-...item27ca3bbeea ?

Then buy a cable to connect to my TV and a Keyboard and mouse?

Thank You..

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure how well that would fare. What's the latest game you wish to play exactly?

Comment

Mainly games from 2000 to when this gen started..around 2006/2007 Something like that.

Anything this gen, wouldnt be played on PC.

Comment

Hmm, should do you alright then. I can't help but thing something more modern like a AMD Llano based system would be a better bet though - if only for lesser heat output and power usage.

Comment

Working...
                    X