Sega Saturn Memory expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Saturn Memory expansion

I was wondering if you could save games like Street Fighter Zero 3 or any of the other games that use the memory expansion slot on the Saturn to the memory card or do you have to save it to the internal memory? I don't like the idea of losing my saves if I pick this up for the Saturn.

Thanks,

TC

Pretty sure it will be internal only with them.

Unless you buy one of those 3rd party Ram expansion carts that act as an all in one solution (Convertor, Ram Cart & Memory Expansion)

Neil

Comment

You can save it internally, then transfer it to the expansion cart afterwards.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

I believe none of those third party carts allow for direct to cart saving, while the official RAM carts don't have a save function anyway. Just switch saves around via the 4 in 1 menu, its rather easy.

Comment

No carts offer direct saving, even official ones. You can only copy from internal to external memory.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

^That's not true, any cart that acts purely as a save cart will support direct saving, as long as the game itself supports saving gaming to the cart. Any kind of 'multi' cart will only act as a sort of external storage to backup to, however.

Comment

Depends on the game yeah.

I saved directly to cart with Panzer Dragoon Saga for example.

Comment

Well I've got a Blaze save only cart, and it 100% doesn't offer direct saving.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Only the official ones seem to work for direct save to cart games....like above Panzer Saga definitely does.

Comment

Awesome, looking out for a Saturn now on Yahoo auctions. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X