Setup Help Needed with Wii & Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it use C-Sync then?

Those breakout connectors seems like a terrible design.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
      The Dreamcast is strange in that it doesn't send a Composite signal with RGB on top, it's RGB only.
      The sticker above the scart port says 'EXT (RGB)' so shouldn't that mean it should work?

It's really annoying, I will probably end up buying a VGA box but I really wanted to get it going with the scart cable in the meantime.

EDIT:

Just tried a Playstation and that's not detected either. Maybe a faulty scart adapter or port on TV?
      Last edited by Harry; 08-09-2012, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Those breakout connectors seems like a terrible design.
        Seems to be standard on LED backlit screens unfortunately, my Tosh is exactly the same (as is my Dads LG and my old Sammy)

Comment

LED backlit screens shouldn't even exist. Horrible marketing ploy sort of. People buy them thinking "LED" is the panel type - when really they're just getting a debatably better backlight. Of course it uses less heat and consumes less power but it's not really a step away from regular LCD.

Although I don't really know that much about TV tech, I do know that my PC monitor has a decent panel which makes other panels look horrible.

Comment

I'm kind of of the mind that if people don't research that type of thing before they buy then more fool them.

Comment

Pretty much.

Comment

Even modern slim plasma displays have breakout connectors for SCART, it's a monster sized connector.

Comment

For the Dreamcast you need a VGA cable. It's not really worth using anything else. Check out Racketboy.com - great site, and they sell them for 15 quid delivered. The output is absolutely superb. Don't bother buying an official one second hand, you'll pay way more than you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                    For the Dreamcast you need a VGA cable. It's not really worth using anything else. Check out Racketboy.com - great site, and they sell them for 15 quid delivered. The output is absolutely superb. Don't bother buying an official one second hand, you'll pay way more than you need to.
                    Can only see one on there for $46?

Comment

Working...
                    X