Softmodding an original Xbox in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Softmodding an original Xbox in 2012

Looking at picking up an original Xbox over here for JSRF and would like to mod it to play movies and older games etc. Does anyone know of the best way to mod it these days? I've found various guides and videos but each one is different. The ones that involve a copy of Splintercell and a memorycard seem a bit difficult seeing as the game wasn't released here.

Thanks,

TC

You can use Mechassault as the exploitable game.
    For the save game try and find an xbox to USB cable or make one - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...en-70-1xz.html

Comment

You can also use 007 Agent Under Fire
      Last edited by speedlolita; 21-09-2012, 12:20.

Comment

Would the Japanese copy of Mechassault work?

Comment

If that is what version your console is then only that will work.
          Where are you and what region xbox?
          If PAL I have the bits but I think the softmod pack contains all region saves.

Comment

Yeah, i am in japan so it will be an ntsc jp console. I have hard thatsoftmods using games doesnt work on the Japanese models though?

Comment

I dunno if it might be risky but I think you can swap out the IDE hard drive after messing about with it, never done it myself but you probably wouldn't need the game. Might be worth a google 'Hotswap / hotswapping' or something. With the memory card / action replay save issue, I read once that some Action Replay versions corrupt the save so it's better to use a USB cable and thumb drive or official memory card instead. I think a formatted PSP memory card plus a USB cable connected to the PSP via Xbox can work, too - apparently the Xbox will read it, it's supposed to be selective about USB devices it reads, but there's probably a compatibilty list out there.

Comment

Working...
              X