recommend me a new anti virus/internet security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommend me a new anti virus/internet security

Had trend micro for over a decade , but they are just wanting to rob me blind with the upgrade.

Needs to have a three pc license , doesnt matter whether its 2 years or just one.

I use the Kaspersky suite on two PCs and never had problems with it. They sell single, three or five PC licenses.

Comment

I use www.ESET.com antivirus.

Comment

We use Kaspersky at work. Combined with WebMarshal and MailMarshal, nothing has got through in the last decade.

*knocks on wood*

Comment

I only use the built-in Microsoft security essentials now.
          Works as well an any of the paid for products and is very light resource wise.

Comment

Indeed, I'd recommend the above.

Personally I don't use AV.

Comment

Another MS Security Essentials user here. Also use Windows Firewall although it's not very user friendly on the outbound connections side.

Comment

Unless you want more than just antivirus (like web filtering, child safety features etc.), I too would go for MSE. Free and - in my experience - the least irritating one out there.

Comment

I'm still using avast free, along with commodo firewall.

They were popular back in 2007/8 and i just havent thought to go for anything else since.

Comment

I currently use Avira Internet security suite, worked well for me for the last year, less resource hungry and doesn't cost much too.

Comment

I wouldn't say I'm a fan but Avast has served me as well as MSE did before I had an enforced change (dial-up download issues). Of course I have a firewall up and also use Spybot and Malwarebytes is my preferred on demand scanner. I've been saved from dodgy web sites and several suspected malware nasties using this combo in the last year but if I could afford it I'd use Kaspersky. It seems to be recommended by everyone who really knows about these things.

Comment

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Comment

This real world test for the entire year shows bitdefender being top dog.
                          They didn't test MSE, but it scored fairly low in their 0-day test (i.e. spotting behaviour instead of using exact virus definition).

Comment

Working...
                          X