Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best option to play Multi Region Blu rays cheaply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best option to play Multi Region Blu rays cheaply?

I Have a Sony S470 Blu Ray player that came free with my TV, I'm happy with it, can't fault the playback and it works well with my TV and Receiver (also Sony).

But at the moment I have to use my US PS3 to play any Region A Blu Rays I own, which I don't really like as I can't use my Harmony remote and I have to change the surround settings every time I watch a Movie..

I would rather have a single box that plays all regions but modified disk players seem ridiculously expensive, Sony ones seem to sell for triple what the standard players cost..

Does anyone have a recommendation for a player at a reasonable price?

A good option would be to get the PS3 adapter so you can continue to use what you have.

My Harmony remote controls the telly, 360, PS3 and surround sound system.

Just a thought to save you from doubling up kit and it's probably the cheaper option!

Comment

If it's still available buy this...

You can play Multi Region DVD straight away but will have to input a code to play the relevant region Blu-Ray but for ?90 + shipping you can't go wrong.

Neil

Comment

I registered but "I'm not authorised to read that forum" apparently what was it by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
          I registered but "I'm not authorised to read that forum" apparently what was it by the way?
          Oh bums

It's a Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-Ray Player.
          It's been firmware hacked to be multi region for DVD playback & you can select the Blu-Ray region while it's in Stand By mode to play A, B or C locked movies.

It's being sold by member system11 so maybe pop him a message on there & see if he'll give you some more details.

I bought a Region A Panasonic DMP-BD30 about 18 months ago for the same price & it's a great player so for the money I'd definitely look into it.

Neil

Comment

I'll do that, how much is he offering it for?

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
              I'll do that, how much is he offering it for?
              ?90 + shipping or pick up from Cambridge.

Neil

Comment

multiregionmagic is uk based.

The pioneer bdp-140 currently sells for ?210 on sale and is properly multi zone.

Comment

I've got a Toshiba BDX3200 I'll be putting up on here shortly that does the job...

Comment

Any recent Panasonic player can be soft-modded for the price of 30 euros (mandatory donation to the firmware people).

Comment

That is interesting, I can pick up a BDT220 for about ?120 and it looks like a really good player, so with the firmware only ?150 for a multi-region player.. That's pretty awesome

Ill definitely look into that..

Comment

I got a BDT120 for free when I bought a plasma, could hardly be any happier with how that worked out!

Comment

Working...
                        X