US Netflix on a PS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Netflix on a PS3?

A quick thread search of the forum turned up nothing, how do i get my PS3 to access the USA version of netflix? I followed the steps listed in this guide exactly;

But it hasn't worked, when I load up Netflix it says unable to connect.

Update, after a bit more googling, I seem to have got it working, the process involves simply changing DNS settings but the ones listed in the article I linked are expired, the new ones below for reference if anybody needs;

Primary: 176.58.107.53

Secondary: 158.255.215.175

Comment

I'm just about to put a review up of UnoTelly which is a monthly paid service that provides this functionality and more. It has servers all over the place so your online ping isn't affected (I get 18ms on my copper cable adsl) and the addresses don't change and is very stable over the course of my 9 week test period.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        I'm just about to put a review up of UnoTelly which is a monthly paid service that provides this functionality and more. It has servers all over the place so your online ping isn't affected (I get 18ms on my copper cable adsl) and the addresses don't change and is very stable over the course of my 9 week test period.
        How much is the service? I had managed to get US netflix for a while with a DNS change but they usually run out after the trial period.

Comment

Premium is $4.95pcm
          Gold is $7.95pcm (you get a VPN too).
          unotelly.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, unotelly.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Note I can currently get US netflix on my PC but not on the xbox for reasons unknown. unblockus site is suggesting it's a netflix fault.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Note I can currently get US netflix on my PC but not on the xbox for reasons unknown. unblockus site is suggesting it's a netflix fault.
            Just to verify, unblockus is a different company to unotelly right? So they might not have the same issue?

Comment

Yeah, completely different company, but similar tech.

Comment

This is now working for me. I have no idea if it is pure coincidence, but what I did was go to the DNS settings on the Xbox and entered the address of my router (manual) and then cleared that by pressing automatic afterwards (at which point the correct unotelly dns setting reappeared, i.e. no real change as far as I can discern). My hope was that doing this would be similar to flushdns on the PC.

Lo and behold Netflix started working again.

Anyone else want to try this and report back?

Comment

From the strength of your review I?m probably going to pick this up to get Netflix US on my PS3. It looks like from the website I have 2 options, change my router to be in the US or just change DNS setting on individual devices, I think I?ll opt for the latter as sometimes I want iplayer on the PS3 and sometimes I?ll want Netflix US, and to switch between the two it will be easier to toggle the DNS settings on the PS3 than the router.

Comment

Read the bit in the review about Unotelly's Dynamo option. It's not rolled out everywhere yet, but there's a server in Ireland that should be quick enough. It allows you to switch regions by hitting a button on their website without changing any settings.
                    I tried it, but I'm waiting for it to be implemented on a UK server before using permanently.

Comment

Working...
                    X