Wireless Surround Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Surround Headphones

I'm looking to buy a pair of wireless headphones with surround sound. Can anyone recommend any? They are to used for gaming primarily, but i don't need a mic as i won't be using them for multiplayer stuff. I know Pioneer and Sony used to do some years ago but not sure if they're still the ones to go for. My budget is upto about ?300 and i'm really looking for sound quality over everything else.
    Last edited by Jamie; 10-10-2012, 16:13.

These are what i've been looking at, but they only seem to be available in Japan so i'm worried about getting stung with import duty. Anyone else used or have a pair of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-Di...755#vi-content

Comment

I've just ordered a pair of Tritton Warhead's from Zavvi, I think they are fairly respectable when it comes to gaming stuff. They were about ?185 after some discounts with Zavvi.

I decided that the actual quality of the sound assets in most games isn't high enough to go too crazy with sound quality.

Comment

Thanks mate, will take a look.

The other option i've been looking at it getting a surround sound processor and getting a pair of Sennheiser RS180's. I've been looking at the JVC SU-DH1, but there's also the Astro Mixamp Pro or the Turtlebeach DSS2. Anyone using any of these?
        Last edited by Jamie; 10-10-2012, 18:20.

Comment

I've got a friend who really likes the Astro's and mixamp, he also had some Senheiser ones that he used with the amp, he just bought the Astro A50's which is the wireless version. I suspect he rated the Astro's better.

Comment

Mix amp/turtle beach dss, with something like the sennheiser hd558/598.

Best sound quality overall, at around the ?200 mark.

Comment

Was really looking for a wireless setup, the 598's do look nice though.

Comment

Would that be a wireless solution though?

Comment

You could use a Mixamp 5.8 with the 598's which would make it sort of wireless. You'd still have the cable from the headphones to the Mixamp receiver but you wouldn't have to be plugged into the amp.

Comment

If you are going to pay that much, go for these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-MDR-D...item35bad8041e or from Japan http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-MDR-D...item3ccaf882b9

Got them myself, fantastic investment. Craps on those Pioneer's by a large margin and has DTS HD 7.1 audio.
                    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 14-10-2012, 14:30.

Comment

Been looking at those, they do look interesting, they use a HDMI input instead of toslink don't they?

Comment

Yes, has 3 hdmi inputs and one output. You need to use hdmi for hd audio.

When i first had them i jizzed listening to barscene with Magneto in X-Men First Class. Proper vibrations going on.

Comment

Don't suppose there's anywhere in Europe carrying these is there?

Comment

Probably not likely, worth having a look on Google, amazon and eBay again. I would only recommend spending that much if you are going to use them constantly, i use them all the time due to having neighbors with little ones.

Comment

Thanks mate, will have a look round.

Comment

Working...
                              X