Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 576p - 480p ...

Hi all..

Is there a way to force a pal PS3 into 480p? Both the 360 and the wii can output in 480p 60hz and Im baffled as to the ps3 not being able to do this off the bat... what gives??

Im asking as I want to use a scanline (slg-3000) and it requires 480p to display correctly..

Any help appreciated, ta!

What strange setup have you that you cannot plug the PS3 in direct via HDMI or similar?

Comment

As far as Im aware, you need to plug in the ps3/360 or whatever it is you are using via VGA through the SLG and set the output to 640 x 480.. So for that Id need either an NTSC PS3 or force a pal one into 480..

Am i missing something here?

Comment

Bit off topic but your avatar reminded me that I really need to play Kirby's Epic Yarn

Comment

Quick answer is no.

Long answer is noooooooooooo.

480p is only available on NTSC machines I'm afraid which is BS.

Comment

Were Pal machines 50hz only through a scart lead on release, too? Or was that only on a CRT?

Comment

Depends on the software. 50hz would be supported but I doubt limited to. Also the machine wouldn't be able to tell between CRT and LCD.

Comment

Damn thats pants then! So any of you with scaler-experience.. is it worth trying the SLG-3000 on my pal machine and hope for good results?

Cant I just add on a 60hz switch like the one my snes has?

Comment

It depends if your TV unofficially supports 50Hz over VGA, I suppose. Some TVs do, even if support is undocumented.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDTV-AV-Audi...90488611227%26

This'll be the one to save me then surely?

Comment

Bump.. ordered the scaler i wanted so want to know if this will do or not

Comment

Supports output resolution of 480p. It doesn't say 576p.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Which has been said multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            Supports output resolution of 480p. It doesn't say 576p.
                            It does say (50/60/75HZ) for PS3 though. So 50hz is supported which is what 576p runs at anyway if im not mistaken. Guess Ill chance it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X