Audio switcher + speaker advice perhaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio switcher + speaker advice perhaps

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with a phono switcher at all?

I simply need a device so that I can switch between a speaker amplifier and my headphone amplifier at the flick of a switch on my desk, hopefully not too expensive.

Also looking at a new speaker setup for my desk, after looking at what hi-fi I'm pretty set on a Cambridge Audio Azur 340A (around ?100 used on eBay) and some Wharfedale 9.1 (?100 from Superfi). Anything else I should possibly consider?

Cheers.

For ?100 you could probably pick up a pair of 10.1s second hand - I did. Depends whether you mind the 10 series rear firing bass ports.

You gonna terminate the speaker wire with phono plugs then or have I misunderstood? If so I've literally just had this arrive today and wired it up in reverse to my AVR and Pioneer XC-HM70DAB to allow them both to use the 10.1s - just have to remember to never turn both switches on at the same time. Otherwise this is supposed to be brilliant and have no effect at all on the signal, but I thought it a little pricey...

Comment

Regardless of the terminology inputs and outputs wont matter with analogue audio. I've always found keene to offer some excellent stuff, I'm currently using their IR stuff to control all of my AV stuff in a cupboard upstairs from the front room.

Comment

koopatroopa, the 10.1 are ugleh. lol

Looking at the Q Acoustic 2020i now, as I say I'm not 100% set on speakers yet.

Liking these switches, will come back to this thread when I'm going to buy.

Comment

each to their own!

Comment

Settled on some Monitor Audio RX1.

Comment

Settled? Aren't they ?400+ at retail!

Comment

took the words outta my mouth Baseley.

Comment

Yup, ex display copy for ?300 on eBay though.

Considering I got my amp so cheap I decided to go for them, only ?50 more than the BX2.

Comment

Working...
                  X