Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNES Scart Issue - No Green!

Guys,

My UK SNES (50/60hz modded if that matters) seems to be missing the green using the RGB scart. I've taken the scart socket apart and although the soldering isn't great there doesn't visually appear to be any problems. Anything I can try?

I know there are issues buying replacement RGB scarts for PAL SNES'... If I need to get one do you think this would be okay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Nint...af47a0b&_uhb=1

It seems he mentioned configuring for different machines so I thought it might be okay?

Check the SCART plug. Maybe the green line is broken.

Comment

If there is just no green then it is either the cable or the machine.

With the cable in the tv try pressing wire on pin 11 on hard and see what happens. If the green comes back on a quick bit of heat with a solder iron will sort it.

Comment

Yes you might want to check the TV with another (RGB) device just to make sure it's not a dodgy SCART socket. As for a new cable, just make sure you get one without the caps on the RGB lines as only the Gamecube and NTSC version SNES/ SFC require those.

Alternatively, you could get any old Gamecube one and modify it by twisting the caps so that the legs of each component are bridged. A quick solderless modification (and usually reversible).

Comment

Working...
        X