Fixing/editing Mpeg files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing/editing Mpeg files

Some Video files I have have errors part way through. ie. I get an error message after 24mins and video fails. However before and after that point it runs perfectly.

Is there a way (program) of splitting the file into 2 ie. 0mins - 23, then 25-90mins. And then posssibly joining them together?

The main problem caused is that the files won't copy to HDD with the error (cut out part way, I presume when it hits the error)

Also the files are .DAT (on cd-r), can these be converted to mpeg? Would that help?

I'd use Virtual Dub.

As long as your video clip has a CBR soundtrack, VD will do the job.

Btw, if the files refuse to copy to the HDD, that's not an MPEG stream error. You can have invalid avi files and they will copy to disk no problem. If the file is located on a CDR, it sounds like your error is actually being caused by a nackered disc, probably a bad CDR.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaipon
      I'd use Virtual Dub.

As long as your video clip has a CBR soundtrack, VD will do the job.

Btw, if the files refuse to copy to the HDD, that's not an MPEG stream error. You can have invalid avi files and they will copy to disk no problem. If the file is located on a CDR, it sounds like your error is actually being caused by a nackered disc, probably a bad CDR.
      Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X