Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 Dual Shock 3 R2/L2 oversensitivity issues....B-DANG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Dual Shock 3 R2/L2 oversensitivity issues....B-DANG!

OK, will try to keep it simples. Circle button clogged up with dried Cherry Coke. I open Dual Shock 3, unclog said button, take ages to reassemble pad but finally manage. Circle button is A-OK, R2/L2 buttons feel a little 'tripey' (ie. the texture of tripe) but work OK. Two months later, pad starts going left all the time, a problem with the L-stick. Again, open the pad, clean all the crap out (this pad is great for accumulating ****e!), put it back together, no more L-stick prob, still fiddly but half as long as 1st time around. Pad seems fine. L2/R2 buttons seem a little 'jaunty' at times but has been OK the past few weeks, more or less.

NOW, it's the f*cking L2/R2 buttons, they are like REALLY sensitive!!!!! Like, just laying them down on a soft, flat surface, like a quilt, whatever, can trigger the sodding buttons - navigating the PS3 browser is a sodding nightmare, 'cos it's always flipping back and forth when you're browsing between web pages, sometimes so bad it almost flickers/blurs, like the oversensitivity of the buttons is operating at such a hyper-edgy, supermassive level, it practically f*ckin' oscillates. And is, thusly, annoying. Especially if you're one who finds using the PS3's browser the easiest/most comfy way to browse the web. And I am one of those odd folk.

Am I better off investing in a new pad (this one is a preowned official one and was top for the first four/five months) or do y'all recommend I go on and keep fighting the good fight and continuing down the DIY route (though I feckin' HATE the way this pad disassembles/reassembles*!!!!!)???????????

PS: The 'B-DANG!' bit was entirely arbitrary, and serves no actual purpose.

*Springs? SPRINGS????????? BAD SPRINGS???????

PPS: Why did I just write that bit about springs? It seems a bit embarrassing now.
    Last edited by JazzFunk; 15-11-2012, 01:37.

Ah, decided to buy a sexy new red one AND attempt another repair attempt on the other as I could charge n' flick between both controllers when they run out of juice.

Makes sense, I guess.

Comment

Working...
    X