Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember how awesome the masters golf was when it first aired via BBC hd on sky? That was stunning, 20mb then it got cut to 8 and it went to rat****. I'm afraid 4k will only look as good as the bit rate will allow.

Comment

On TV etc and streaming. 4k bluray will be a different matter.

Comment

It will not be as good as 4K Dolby Vision though.........

Dolby Vision is better picture quality through HDR. The Lego Movie, Edge of Tomorrow, and Into the Storm will be available in Q1 2015

Comment

Would be good to see 1080p HDR become a standard rather than being forced to go UHD to get more accurate colour. With satellite, Freeview HD and cable maxing out at 1080i plus many channels still being in SD we're miles from needing UHD.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
            Anyone remember how awesome the masters golf was when it first aired via BBC hd on sky? That was stunning, 20mb then it got cut to 8 and it went to rat****. I'm afraid 4k will only look as good as the bit rate will allow.
            I've noticed this more with my new Panasonic,I come home from nights and switch to BBC one HD news and it looks quite decent for 1080i.Later in the evening the picture starts to deteriorate

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              I've noticed this more with my new Panasonic,I come home from nights and switch to BBC one HD news and it looks quite decent for 1080i.Later in the evening the picture starts to deteriorate
              Would a new arial faceplate, coaxial lead and house arial improve things for broadcast images? (Assuming the ones in use are quite old)

Comment

Dependant on weather as well ain't it?

Comment

Well I've been pulling my hair out with this Netflix 4k streaming.After suffering horrendous picture quality in 4k,been trawling through loads of AV forums searching for an explanation or answer.I found a review from a guy in Colorado who tested Netflix 4K before it went live.He explained that you need to set your playback settings to High(ultra hd).My tv app doesn't have a in depth setting,neither does my iPad app.

I logged onto my Netflix account through Safari and found the setting for playback under "my account".I couldn't believe the bloody setting was set to LOW.I selected High(UltraHD) and bingo, I now have 4k streaming
                  House of cards looks quite impressive with Breaking bad just falling short but still very good picture.
                  With Amazon sorting out more 4k TV compatibility as its only Sony TV's that can stream Amazon 4k at the moment,things are looking up on the 4k front

Comment

My TV has aerial and sat connections. I use the Freesat feed because the picture looks better as I think the bitrate from freesat is higher at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                      My TV has aerial and sat connections. I use the Freesat feed because the picture looks better as I think the bitrate from freesat is higher at the moment.
                      My AX802 has freeveiw HD and freesat HD,I'll take a look at the satellite imagery when I'm off next

Comment

My tv app doesn't have a in depth setting,neither does my iPad app.
                        If you update your TV software your Netflix app should allow 4K streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                          If you update your TV software your Netflix app should allow 4K streaming.
                          I did update my tv,it was the settings on Netflix that caused me problems.They were set on low and needed to be set to high.The Netflix tv app and the iPad app I've been using doesn't have the playback setting.It was on the main website for Netflix.All sorted now,streaming 4k now instead of a joke of a picture

Comment

I did update my tv,it was the settings on Netflix that caused me problems.They were set on low and needed to be set to high.The Netflix tv app and the iPad app I've been using doesn't have the playback setting.It was on the main website for Netflix.All sorted now,streaming 4k now instead of a joke of a picture
                            ahhhhhh. Good to know. Enjoy!!

Comment

Picked up a Samsung UE32H5000 today in Richer Sounds. Best selling 32" display on Amazon and I was able to price match with them to bring it down ?20 with Richer Sounds price. Benefit of Richer Sounds being a 5 year guarantee too.

Only used it with my PlayStation 2 via component right now but even just giving a few song a quick go I can tell that it's a very low latency display. Pretty barebones feature wise which is great for my usage as I only really bought it for playing games on.

?209 in total for a 32" 1080p display this thin still seems a little ridiculous to me, happy camper.

Messy shot for the road:

Comment

looking for a CRT as the scanline thing-i-mi-bob I use while is good, just can't match the real thing..

i've found a couple locally on ebay, just no idea on model no. think either are worth a punt?

Comment

Working...
                                X