Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Plasma is faulty. On very white scenes the bottom half of the screen has faint pink banding. Common problem on this Samsung. TV came free with the house so I don't care really. I prefer the picture on my LCD Samsung actually but the screen isn't as big so I keep that upstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
      Slightly related, looking at a new set myself, 40-45". Done a bit of web browsing this seemed to be the best bet-Panasonic TX-P42ST60.

Never had a plasma before, Lyris is this set really as good as reviewers make it out to be? Brad, how are you finding your plasma (apart from the recent screen burn!!)
      I've got a Panny G20 Plasma (Bought it in 2010) & I love it
      Stunning pictures & even now it's coming up 4 years old still looks as great as ever, no noticeable problems.
      Only real issue is the amount of heat it cracks out...twice a week it's on about 14hrs a day & by the end of the night you could fry a steak on it, it's unreal

I had actually been considering upgrading to the 50" ST60 as I'm finding the 42" to be a little on the small side now but other than that it is the best set I've ever had.

Neil

Comment

I've had my St50 about a year now I'd say and I love it. I was anti-plasma , but I find generally find LCD really smeary and washed out by comparison now

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          I've had my St50 about a year now I'd say and I love it. I was anti-plasma , but I find generally find LCD really smeary and washed out by comparison now
          Agreed, me too, however the the image on my vt65 is amazing and its not even calibrated!

Comment

Can't really justify the size (or cost!) bigger than 42". Shame but the lounge isn't particularly large.

Thanks for the impressions tho. Best place to pick one up- panasonic stores/ richer sounds ? Anywhere else stock them?

Comment

In store at John Lewis is a good bet I picked up my GT50 from one reduced a few months back and noticed they had a few more reduced panasonic plasmas this week around ?700.

Comment

I think Panny plasmas are great. I have a UT50 and love it.

Comment

Another Panasonic plasma owner here, got the GT-50 after reading the what hi fi review (I think it won tv of the year 2012).

Fantastic set, lovely build quality and the Blu Ray picture quality is amazing, I think I paid about ?1300 at the time which I have no regrets over. The Viera Connect could be better, mainly just use it for Netflix, iPlayer and YouTube (Streamed from my iphone).

Comment

Absolutely love my GT50, the pictures in the main are amazing even off Freeview HD, though I do still catch a bit of motion blur, especially on rolling text and I have literally everything turned off.

Comment

Sadly I couldn't afford the GT50 or ST50 when I was buying a set in January of last year. I bought the UT50 on the basis of Lyris' review, which rated it as very similar in terms of PQ to the ST50 in a darkened room.

The only downside is the lack of filter, making it pretty reflective. Fortunately the setup in my flat means I can work around this pretty well though the presets are excellent too, Game for gaming and True Cinema for Blu-Rays/DVDs work very well. It's not professionally calibrated unfortunately.

Comment

Can't really justify the size (or cost!) bigger than 42". Shame but the lounge isn't particularly large.

Thanks for the impressions tho. Best place to pick one up- panasonic stores/ richer sounds ? Anywhere else stock them?
                        Have you got a local Euronics store??

My one (Tower Radio) stock the Panny Plasma's & currently have the 42" ST60 for ?599.90 with the 5 Year Warranty

Other than that have a look at TPS, they have the ST60 for ?699 with 7 Year Warranty

Neil

Comment

Cheers mate, will have a look in Euronics

Comment

Cheers mate, will have a look in Euronics
                            No problems

Shame you can't squeeze in anything bigger as they are doing the 50" for ?800 which is bloody good value

Neil

Comment

Not sure I would get away with that with the missus!

Comment

Not sure I would get away with that with the missus!
                                Lol just tell her it's always been there & yes it's always been that big as well...she's a woman she'll never know

Comment

Working...
                                X