Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent gaming laptop for under 500 pounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent gaming laptop for under 500 pounds?

Is there such a thing? A laptop that can support medium settings on games of today?

I'm so out of touch with what's good in the world of pc, so I'm asking in case someone here is up to speed.

Something not too big, weighty or thin would be great too.

I doubt you'd get anything that can run well for that price, unless you are fine with 12-15fps and crap effects.

Even a dedicated gaming laptop can just about handle today's stuff with medium settings. I'm lucky in that I only play top-down stuff. I'd hate to attempt Battlefield or anything like that on mine. I'm giving Skyrim a bash at some point, once I offload the 360 version somewhere. I believe it's quite light now.
    Last edited by dataDave; 19-12-2012, 10:19.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I doubt you'd get anything that can run well for that price, unless you are fine with 12-15fps and crap effects.

Even a dedicated gaming laptop can just about handle today's stuff with medium settings. I'm lucky in that I only play top-down stuff. I'd hate to attempt Battlefield or anything like that on mine. I'm giving Skyrim a bash at some point, once I offload the 360 version somewhere. I believe it's quite light now.
      For under 500 pounds? No .. I got a Dell XPS 17 last year which runs BF3 OK ... and that was ?550, and that's only because it was discounted and I get another discount on top of that from work.

You are looking at a bare minimum of ?600 really.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
        For under 500 pounds? No .. I got a Dell XPS 17 last year which runs BF3 OK ... and that was ?550, and that's only because it was discounted and I get another discount on top of that from work.

You are looking at a bare minimum of ?600 really.
        What we looking at for around the 600 quid mark?

Comment

Around 500 pounds, you can try this Lenovo Y580, it with 15.6-Inch, Intel Core i7-3630QM(2.3GHz), 750GB 5400RPM, GeForce GTX660M (2G DDR3 VRAM). Any thoughts?

Comment

Here are some laptops you in your range, have a look the specs

Comment

Working...
            X