Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

impulse buying advice (graphics cards)

I'm fancying a weekend of playing with my PC and I wanna buy an upgrade

I've got a 6670 in my PC at the moment, question is, do I spend another ?70 on another card and crossfire it or am I better off buying another card and using that singlularly?

imo single card everytime!

Comment

6670 isn't a good card so having two is silly. Sell the 6670 and grab a 560Ti minimum. 660Ti if you want to up budget. Or a 7850/7870. Depends if you have a brand preference.

Comment

I wasn't sure if it would be a cheap way just to boost up the perfermance, I had the feeling that you were gonna say that. The benchmarks for single cards seem to easily beat that of a dual setup of this card.
        Here is a challenge then, where can I find one of these cards ON THE HIGH STREET *GASP*?
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 21-12-2012, 17:45.

Comment

Would do a bit but not enough to justify cost.

High street: PC world I guess. Expect to pay out your ass though.

Yoyotech in tcr if you're near London.
          Last edited by speedlolita; 21-12-2012, 17:40.

Comment

How about a Cex? You could trade in your 6670 too

Comment

Cex isn't a bad idea. Depends if the store does PC hardware though.

Comment

You can check on the web

computers - graphics and sounds - pci express graphics cards

filter by store

viola

Comment

was thinking of selling my two 6950 graphics cards (used in cross fire mode ) and just buying a single card only thing is really i dont think a single card for a decent price would actually be as good as my current setup so might just end up waiting for the next set of cards

Also using a phenom II with a am3+ board which is probably holding things back the new 8350 piledriver processors do not look that good and with intels new stuff coming up might just end up waiting for that

Comment

My local has a 580ti for ?220 normally I would just go do it, but there is no chance I'm going into the city today

Comment

That's silly money, you could get a 660Ti for that!

Comment

on the high street?

Will scan let me trade in my xbox games?

Comment

No they won't. Do what you like, you have a very poor GPU pool if you insist on CeX.

Comment

There is somewhere not far away with a 660ti for 230, I could go get that, but I think the impulse has passed. All the games i'm playing at the moment are ****, playing them at a higher res isn't going to help

Comment

Ah well, worth keeping in mind. ?230 offline for a 660Ti isn't bad at all. The reason I voted against 580Ti is that they run hot and it's bound to have a loud cooler. You only want a high end card like that in a dedicated machine, and you don't really want a generation old card either.

Comment

Working...
                              X